Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.

tel: protocol not working in aem for pathfield classic ui

Level 2

I have a requirement  in classic ui for a pathfield to accept different protocols like http, https, ftp, mailto and tel. All of the are working fine but tel. The problem with the "tel:" protocol is that the href attribute is not loading in the desktop and the mobile screens.

Here is the sightly snippet :

<sly data-sly-use.headlineUrl="${'com.act.sightlyservice.common.PagePathExternalizer' @ path=headlineLink}">

<a href="${headlineUrl.value}" title="${headline}">

${headline @context='html'}

</a>

</sly>

9 Replies

Level 8

You have to update the Day CQ Link Checker Service (com.day.cq.rewriter.linkchecker.impl.LinkCheckerImpl) to allow for tel: links.

You should also change the content of the href to @ context='uri'

Community Advisor

Hi leeasling

I was also trying to test this . I did the changes you mentioned

1229135_pastedImage_0.png

But still I get my link as broken only. Do you think I am missing something. I am using AEM 6.2

1229136_pastedImage_1.png

Thanks

Veena

Level 8

Can you add an image of the HTML source of the anchor tag as it's rendered on the page?

Level 2

Followed above steps but still slightly doesn't load the href attribute for tel protocol.

Community Advisor

PFB. Please be noted that I was testing this functionality adding it to the existing components in my project . So I am just pasting only the code needed and the content displayed

1229141_pastedImage_0.png

1229142_pastedImage_1.png1229143_pastedImage_2.png

Thanks

Veena

Level 2

The above ones did not work for me. BTW I'm trying to make the tel protocol to be able to load for the path field.