Expand my Community achievements bar.

Other than disabling workflows, how can I upload a package into the DAM w/o losing metadata?

Level 3

Hello!

We have a need to move a few - just 2-3 a day, packages containing DAM assets from one instance to another.

Right now, if we build a package with a PowerPoint file, download it, and upload it to another server, the workflow runs and wipes out the metadata from the DAM asset, and replaces it with the data from the Powerpoint file itself.

The jcr:title in particular is getting overwritten every time we install the package.

I know we can disable the workflow launchers, but since we're moving these packages mid-day, that's not terribly practical. :)

Is there a way, in the package definition, or in the metadata to tell the PowerPoint digester not to overwrite the jcr:title?

Thanks!

Tim

6 Replies

Level 7

Hi Tim,

This used to be an error with AEM 6.0, but I think its fixed in sp2.

Thanks

Tuhin

Level 3

Ok, I'm running 6.0 SP3...and this is still happening. Does anyone know what the bug number might be?

Thank you!!!

Level 10

As Tuhin, mentioned you can try with SP2 or 6.1 and later. If you are still facing this issue, please raise a support ticket

Level 2

Hi, we are experiencing the same issue in 6.2 - anyone have a fix??

Level 3

No - this has never been fixed or addressed, despite multiple support tickets. We just have complex scripts that enable/disable workflow to move packages around now, which are very touchy.