Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Target content based on user profile – Personalization

Former Community Member

Hi,

I would like personalize content based on user profile like if the user profile property has “role = primary” , it will show some content related to primary role. And if the user profile property has “role = secondary” , it will show some content related to secondary role.

To do this, I have created two different user names under “/home/users” and created property name called role under “profile node”.

The thing here is when I create segments I could not see that role property in ‘profile property component’ which I created under “/home/users/user1/profile”.  It profile property component has only “Gender, Age, Interest, Country, Language”. What if I need to have role property in that drop down list?

Could you please tell where I need to configure it?

Additional my goal is to display a content based on user profile. Am I in correct path or going in correct way? If not please guide to achieve this functionary in cq5.

Thanks,

Anderson

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 1

Hi Anderson,

You are on the right path ;)

The key here is to edit the profile data store in the client context to add your new property.

On an author instance, open the client context from the sidekick and click on its little pen on the top left corner. You will then be able to add different components or edit some of the existing ones. Not sure how yo added your role property but if you just edit the profiledata contextstore component on top of the clientcontext, you should be able to add your property and then build segments and personalized content from there.

Here is a quick tour of the concepts we wrote that might also give you some inputs: http://www.infielddesign.com/blog/the-way-to-personalized-content-with-adobe-cq5-part-1/

:)

Thanks,

Gaetan

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Level 1

Hi Anderson,

You are on the right path ;)

The key here is to edit the profile data store in the client context to add your new property.

On an author instance, open the client context from the sidekick and click on its little pen on the top left corner. You will then be able to add different components or edit some of the existing ones. Not sure how yo added your role property but if you just edit the profiledata contextstore component on top of the clientcontext, you should be able to add your property and then build segments and personalized content from there.

Here is a quick tour of the concepts we wrote that might also give you some inputs: http://www.infielddesign.com/blog/the-way-to-personalized-content-with-adobe-cq5-part-1/

:)

Thanks,

Gaetan