Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Reverse Replication on nodes of type cq:page vs nt:unstructured

Level 3

Hi Guys ,

I'm trying to achieve part of reverse replication process  from one of my publisher instance to author instance . The goal is to reverse replicate custom form data from publisher instance  to author .  I'm able to achieve it by referring from here http://helpx.adobe.com/cq/kb/HowToUseReverseReplication.html .

As the article states ,  if I create  the structure starting with usergenerated / comments/ form1 /  and then have the data container starting with  cq:page node  it works . However if I  create the same structure with  data container with nt:unstructured  node reverse replication doesn't happen (no entry in outbox as well) . Is it that reverse replication happens only on node of type cq:page ? Below are the CRX structures generated as a result of  form submits from   publish instance . Thanks in advance for the pointers 

Working structure ,           

Usergenerated     (sling:folder) \  comments  (sling:folder) \ form1 (sling:folder) \  firstpage (cq:page) \ jcr:content (cq:pagecontent) (cq:distribute, cq:lastmodified,cq:lastmodified by are set) \ par ( nt:unstructured) \ comment ( nt:unstructured) ( will have form properties)

Not Working Structure

Usergenerated     (sling:folder) \  comments  (sling:folder) \ form1 (sling:folder) \  first (nt:unstructured) (cq:distribute, cq:lastmodified,cq:lastmodified by are set) \ comment ( nt:unstructured) ( will have form properties)
1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Currently the reverse replication is page event entire context gets replicated and can not restrict the reverse replication only to the current user input node. That means it replicate pages only, not arbitrary fine-granular content. Replicating unstructured nodes, such as nodes inside a particular nodes easily gets into a mess especially for managing the content.  Anyhow enhancement request placed to remove this restriction.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

Currently the reverse replication is page event entire context gets replicated and can not restrict the reverse replication only to the current user input node. That means it replicate pages only, not arbitrary fine-granular content. Replicating unstructured nodes, such as nodes inside a particular nodes easily gets into a mess especially for managing the content.  Anyhow enhancement request placed to remove this restriction.

Level 3

Thanks for the information , We are in discovery phase yet , will keep this in mind .

regards