Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Tagging issue in AEM 6.4

Level 2

Hi All,

We have migrated 6.2 to 6.4. As we all know Tag folder structure in 6.2 is etc/tags where else in 6.4 it should store in content/cq:tags. When i try to create tags in 6.4, it is not falling under content folder. Instead it is still falling under etc/tags.

Thanks in advance. kindly let us know, what we are missing here.

NOTE: using acs-commons 3.9.0 and service pack 6.4.2

Let me know in case of any additional information required.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 3

Hi rajkumark10

Tag Manager API Supports either older location (/etc/tags) or newer location at a time. At the start of the component, It detects if this is an upgraded system i.e. /etc/tags exists. Then the TagManager runs in BC mode, i.e. it uses /etc/tags as base path, If not, it uses new location '/content/cq:tags'. In BC mode, TagManager (tag pickers) shows the tags from /etc/tags and not from /content/cq:tags.

To make TagManager to use new location (i.e. /content/cq:tags.) the system should not have tags under /etc/tags.

In case of upgraded instances where tags are present under old location (i.e. '/etc/tags') are supported by tagmanager API and classic/touch UI. Once references to old tag base path (i.e. '/etc/tags') are replaced by using tagId or new tag location (i.e. "/content/cq:tags"), you can move tags to the new location (i.e. '/content/cq:tags') in CRX followed by component restart.Also, may I know why are you still creating tags under /etc/ and not in /content? I would suggest you to migrate your old tags to the new location and also create new tags using the new location only.

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Level 10

When you create a tag in AEM 6.4 - you see the path in which the tag is stored.

ATag.png

Here you see the proper path:

ATag1.png

If you are not seeing tags stored in the path - that is specified in Tag Path when you create the tag, there is an issue with your AEM instance. As this is not a fresh AEM 6.4 instance - but rather an upgraded server - i am wondering if there is an upgrade bug responsible for this behavior. 

Level 2

Hi,

Thanks for the update. Here is what happening. I am trying in my local, where i have started an new instance and try to launch

http://localhost:4502/aem/tags but it is redirecting to below URL. it clearly states that, it is creating under etc/tags.

http://localhost:4502/libs/cq/tagging/gui/content/tags.html/etc/tags 

I tried giving Tag Path, still it is not created under that path. Please help me with this.

Correct answer by
Level 3

Hi rajkumark10

Tag Manager API Supports either older location (/etc/tags) or newer location at a time. At the start of the component, It detects if this is an upgraded system i.e. /etc/tags exists. Then the TagManager runs in BC mode, i.e. it uses /etc/tags as base path, If not, it uses new location '/content/cq:tags'. In BC mode, TagManager (tag pickers) shows the tags from /etc/tags and not from /content/cq:tags.

To make TagManager to use new location (i.e. /content/cq:tags.) the system should not have tags under /etc/tags.

In case of upgraded instances where tags are present under old location (i.e. '/etc/tags') are supported by tagmanager API and classic/touch UI. Once references to old tag base path (i.e. '/etc/tags') are replaced by using tagId or new tag location (i.e. "/content/cq:tags"), you can move tags to the new location (i.e. '/content/cq:tags') in CRX followed by component restart.Also, may I know why are you still creating tags under /etc/ and not in /content? I would suggest you to migrate your old tags to the new location and also create new tags using the new location only.

Level 2

Hi vaibhavsharma

Thanks for the input, We have tried both the way mentioned below and still it is not working. I have given details below what i have followed. Please let me know what i am missing.

1. Creating tag with Tag path "Content/cq:tags", But it is creating tag under etc/tags only

2. Deleted/Removed all nodes under etc/tags and tried to create tags, it is not giving any error and also it is not creating any tags under content/cq:tags.

Kindly help me, what i am missing here.

Level 2

Hi vaibhavsharma​ and smacdonald2008

Both of your inputs helped me a lot. Found the root cause of the above issue. It is because, In some place old etc/tags path has been configured in code. I have tried starting new instance without our code and it is working as you both explained above

once again thank you for quick response

Level 3

rajkumark10​ Glad to hear that the suggestions helped!

Level 4

Hi, I am facing the same issue. I have an AEM 6.5 instance. I can see tags coming from /etc/tags instead of /content/cq:tags. I rename /etc/tags to /etc/tags1 still tagging UI doesn't start picking tags from content and it shows all blank screen even though I have lot of tags under /content/cq:tags.

I need the tagging to work with /content/cq:tags because I am planning to translate the tags and only in /content/cq:tags I can add languages property because this property is not allowed on /etc/tags.

Can you suggest something on this.

Level 6

I am also facing this issue.

1. moved tags from /etc/tags to /content/cq:tags

2. restarted tagging bundle

but still I see tag picker not picking tags form /content/cq:tags and tag console is not showing any tags