Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Tag Title rendering - Publish server on 6.1

Level 2

I'm having issues while rendering the tag titles on the publish server (AEM 6.1). I'm not facing this issue on Author environment as I'm logging as 'admin' user and even if I login as admin user on the publish server then tag names are rendering properly. I have checked the following options, in both the cases title is null

Option -1 

tagPath =/etc/tags/<my tag>

Resource tagResource = resource.getResourceResolver().getResource(tagPath);    //Resource is not null but tagResource is returning null
if(tagResource !=null){
    Tag tag = tagResource.adaptTo(Tag.class);                
    title = tag.getTitle();
}

Option2            
tagManager = resourceResolver.adaptTo(TagManager.class);            //tagManager is not null here but Tag is
returning null
Tag tag = tagManager.resolve(tagPath);

Do I need to create system users to access the Tags on 6.1 ?
Can you please help me in solving this issue?

Thanks in advance
RJ
1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 9

Hi RJ,

Check out the documentation about setting tag permissions :

"As of AEM 6.1, 'secure (by default)' is now a best practice for the publish environment that requires read permission to be explicitly allowed for tags.  Bascially, this is done by creating a package of the Tag Namespace after permissions have been set on author, and installing the package on all publish instances..."

- JK

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 9

Hi RJ,

Check out the documentation about setting tag permissions :

"As of AEM 6.1, 'secure (by default)' is now a best practice for the publish environment that requires read permission to be explicitly allowed for tags.  Bascially, this is done by creating a package of the Tag Namespace after permissions have been set on author, and installing the package on all publish instances..."

- JK

Level 10

As JK mentioned, its a ACL problem, provide the read access to the tags node and it should solve the issue.

Level 9

YRJ wrote...

I'm having issues while rendering the tag titles on the publish server (AEM 6.1). I'm not facing this issue on Author environment as I'm logging as 'admin' user and even if I login as admin user on the publish server then tag names are rendering properly. I have checked the following options, in both the cases title is null

Option -1 

tagPath =/etc/tags/<my tag>

Resource tagResource = resource.getResourceResolver().getResource(tagPath);    //Resource is not null but tagResource is returning null
if(tagResource !=null){
    Tag tag = tagResource.adaptTo(Tag.class);                
    title = tag.getTitle();
}

Option2            
tagManager = resourceResolver.adaptTo(TagManager.class);            //tagManager is not null here but Tag is
returning null
Tag tag = tagManager.resolve(tagPath);

Do I need to create system users to access the Tags on 6.1 ?
Can you please help me in solving this issue?

Thanks in advance
RJ

As everyone pointed out correctly that you have to set read permission for the tags. And, just make sure, you set read permission for everyone group. Because that's how you can be sure that every new/old user has access to your tags.

--

Jitendra

Level 2

Thanks JK, bsloki and Jitendra! Really appreciate it!