Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session
SOLVED

Spring MVC, 3rd party jar as bundle in AEM .

Level 2

Hi,

This is Arun, i am new to Adobe AEM, at present i am using sling for controller. is it possible to using springmvc in

AEM.

Also i have one more doubt.

How to create a bundle in AEM through Maven. i want to use maven <dependencies>

to export 3rd party party as felix bundles.if used Maven-bundle-plugin to create a bundle.

but it is not adding 3rd party jar which is not in bundle format.i.e lacks (metadata- import-package, exportpackage,embed-dependencies)

please suggest me good practices to do. i not want to do it by adding jar cvfm command to create bundle.

i want to do in maven script.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 9

Hi Arun,

Is there any specific reason to use Spring MVC? If you explore the sling & under line technology and how AEM works, it is basically MVC with a big different way. Although AEM is not just web application tool.

So, whatever functionality you want to achieve through Spirng MVC, you can achieve the same using Apache Sling & rest API.

I hope this helps.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 10

I would not recommend using Spring MVC in AEM. When using AEM, you use Sling and Apache based APIs. Instead of using auto-writing - you use Dependency Injection and Sling Models.

Apache Sling - Sling Models

Level 10

"How to create a bundle in AEM through Maven."

See this community artilce -- it will teach you how to write a basic HTL component, including the back-end Java part of the component as a bundle using Maven. There is also a video that you an watch.

Scott's Digital Community: Creating an AEM HTML Template Language component that uses the WCMUsePojo...

Level 10

Last to export a third-party JAR as an OSGi bundle - you can use an Eclipse plug-in project. Look at how we handle the 3rd party Simple JSON JAR in this article --

Scott's Digital Community: Submitting Adobe Experience Manager form data to custom Sling Servlets

We have video too that you can watch and see it in action...

Correct answer by
Level 9

Hi Arun,

Is there any specific reason to use Spring MVC? If you explore the sling & under line technology and how AEM works, it is basically MVC with a big different way. Although AEM is not just web application tool.

So, whatever functionality you want to achieve through Spirng MVC, you can achieve the same using Apache Sling & rest API.

I hope this helps.