Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Page properties does not persists in metadata editor

Level 2

Hi,

I am using AEM 6.3 for my POCs.

I have overlayed the /libs/foundation/components/page component to customize the page creation wizard.

I have added one check box in page creation wizard

(Added a checkbox field at /apps/foundation/components/page/cq:dialog/content/items/tabs/items/basic/items/column/items/title/items/styleCheckbox )  and storing a property and its value under page's jcr:content along with other properties (like title).

On page creation wizard, I enter the title and select the checkbox and create the page, and in crx path of the page i see the property getting saved along with its value.

Once i open the page and choose 'Open Properties' to edit metadata for the page, i see My checkbox (styleCheckbox) unselected.

Ideally it should be checked, since i checked it while creating the page.

Even If i select the checkbox on metadata editor, after choosing save and close option. Again when i Open the metadata editor using "Open Properties" , again the checkbox gets unselected.

Please suggest if anything needs to be added while adding any new page properties like this in order avoid such situations.

Regards,

Ajay.     

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 9

Hi Ajay,

This problem exist for an while.  The potential solution at this point of time is instead of checkbox use drop down and have the option yes or no.  If your ux designer demands then log an issue with official support team to get the fix.

Thanks,

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Level 9

Hi Ajay,

This problem exist for an while.  The potential solution at this point of time is instead of checkbox use drop down and have the option yes or no.  If your ux designer demands then log an issue with official support team to get the fix.

Thanks,