Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session
SOLVED

Some images are not showing up in Side Panel

Level 2

Hi,

I have noticed only some images are showing up in the side panel. I tried publishing them and searching by folder path and name. Please confirm what could be the reason for some images not showing up in the side panel.

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Firstly, I do not see any relation b/w asset visibility in the side panel and its published status.

Ideally, assets should be visible inside panel as soon as you upload them in Author instance, if not, try the following:

1. Check if your bundles are in an active state
  2. Check if the indexing of assets is working fine. If you have updated the dam index, try reverting or reindexing.
  3. Try uploading the same image on a fresh AEM instance and see if it works there.

I believe it may be due to the indexing of assets. 

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi

Images will be visible on side panel based on the last modification date/date it was imported into the DAM. When you publish the asset on author it will be replicated to publish once the activation is complete.

Please check in the below location if the replication has been processed or queued because of any issue.

http://localhost:4502/etc/replication/agents.author.html

Until the asset is published it will not be visible on the side panel.

Thanks

Level 2

Hi Kannan_C,

Thanks for the reply. I see that the asset was published successfully and I am able to browse it using the publish URL. However the image is still not visible in the side panel either using path or the asset name.

PREVIEW

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Firstly, I do not see any relation b/w asset visibility in the side panel and its published status.

Ideally, assets should be visible inside panel as soon as you upload them in Author instance, if not, try the following:

1. Check if your bundles are in an active state
  2. Check if the indexing of assets is working fine. If you have updated the dam index, try reverting or reindexing.
  3. Try uploading the same image on a fresh AEM instance and see if it works there.

I believe it may be due to the indexing of assets.