Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Sling Filter Restring scope to resources

Level 1

Hi,

I want to reggister a filter using a resourceTypes , as part of my code i have implemented the following

@component(service = Filter.class, property = {SLING_FILTER_SCOPE_REQUEST, SERVICE_RANKING_MAX,
    SLING_FILTER_RESOURCETYPES + "= testproject/components/page/myDetailsPage"})

when i open an page with the above resourcetype, the above filter is not getting triggered, can anyone help me how to overcome this issue. 
also how to register the filter using multiple resourceTypes

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

try with

@component(service = Filter.class, name = "Custom Logging Filter", property = {
SLING_FILTER_SCOPE + "=" + FILTER_SCOPE_REQUEST, Constants.SERVICE_RANKING + ":Integer=1",
SLING_FILTER_RESOURCETYPES + "testproject/components/page/myDetailsPage" })

add SLING_FILTER_RESOURCETYPES multiple times to support different resource types

SLING_FILTER_SCOPE + "=" + FILTER_SCOPE_REQUEST, Constants.SERVICE_RANKING + ":Integer=1",
SLING_FILTER_RESOURCETYPES + "testproject/components/page/myDetailsPage",

SLING_FILTER_RESOURCETYPES + "testproject/components/page/myDetailsPage1"})

import static org.apache.sling.engine.EngineConstants.*; for properties

Regards

Albin

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

try with

SLING_FILTER_RESOURCETYPES + "testproject/components/page/myDetailsPage" })

add SLING_FILTER_RESOURCETYPES multiple times to support different resource types

SLING_FILTER_RESOURCETYPES + "testproject/components/page/myDetailsPage",

SLING_FILTER_RESOURCETYPES + "testproject/components/page/myDetailsPage1"})

import static org.apache.sling.engine.EngineConstants.*; for properties

Regards

Albin

Community Advisor

Hi @karthikb1706130,

Looks like the resource type to be mentioned in sling.filter.resourceTypes is jcr:primaryType of the resource and not sling:resourceType

For your case, if the pages created using myDetailsPage is created/resides under one hierarchy, then we can restrict the filter using sling.filter.pattern property.

Sample below will apply the filter to pages under /content/learnings

dam:Asset type will not take effect given the pattern. Have just added to showcase the multiple resource types (similar to what @Albin_Issac said)

@Component(service = Filter.class,
           property = {
                   EngineConstants.SLING_FILTER_SCOPE + "=" + EngineConstants.FILTER_SCOPE_REQUEST,
                   EngineConstants.SLING_FILTER_PATTERN + "=/content/learnings/(.*)",            
                   EngineConstants.SLING_FILTER_RESOURCETYPES + "=cq:Page",  
                   EngineConstants.SLING_FILTER_RESOURCETYPES + "=dam:Asset", 
                   Constants.SERVICE_RANKING + "=500",
           })

Level 7

Hi @karthikb1706130 ,

If I understood correctly you want to create a filter which is able to get all the request that comes from a specific resourcetype or list of resourcetype.

If this is your purpose, I think that it's better for you to use a servlet instead of a filter. In this way you can use also multiple resourcetype without problems [0].

A suggestion, don't use a filter if it's not required since this filter will be executed every time for each request (also the AEM default request) and then will evaluate the conditions.  

[0]https://helpx.adobe.com/experience-manager/using/resourcetypes.html

Thanks,

Antonio

Administrator
Wonderfully summarized, great response.

Kautuk Sahni