Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

SIghtly ClientContext conflict on custom components

Level 3

Hello,

When client context is included on a page with baked in custom components, those components are no longer available to edit in author mode.  I see the standard cq-placeholder for the component but when mousing over the component it is not highlighted and the edit options do not display.  The parsys components and OOTB AEM components work fine.

//included in body.html <sly data-sly-resource="${ @path='clientcontext', resourceType='cq/personalization/components/clientcontext'}"  /> //included in content.html on our template <div data-sly-resource="${'./text' @ resourceType='project/components/content/text'}"></div> <section data-sly-resource="${'./mainParsys' @ resourceType='foundation/components/parsys'}"></section>
1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

bfvaughn wrote...

Hello,

When client context is included on a page with baked in custom components, those components are no longer available to edit in author mode.  I see the standard cq-placeholder for the component but when mousing over the component it is not highlighted and the edit options do not display.  The parsys components and OOTB AEM components work fine.

1. //included in body.html
  2. <sly data-sly-resource="${ @path='clientcontext', resourceType='cq/personalization/components/clientcontext'}" />
  4. //included in content.html on our template
  5. <div data-sly-resource="${'./text' @ resourceType='project/components/content/text'}"></div>
  6. <section data-sly-resource="${'./mainParsys' @ resourceType='foundation/components/parsys'}"></section>

It seems like a path conflict to me, can you change <sly data-sly-resource="${ @path='clientcontext', resourceType='cq/personalization/components/clientcontext'}" /> to  <div data-sly-resource="${ @path='clientcontext-new', resourceType='/libs/cq/personalization/components/clientcontext'}" data-sly-unwrap></div> 

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Level 10

Can you try with 

<div data-sly-resource="${'clientcontext' @ resourceType='cq/personalization/components/clientcontext'}" data-sly-unwrap></div> 

Level 3

Same issue.  In touch UI the components are not editable.  

Correct answer by
Level 10

bfvaughn wrote...

Hello,

1. //included in body.html
  2. <sly data-sly-resource="${ @path='clientcontext', resourceType='cq/personalization/components/clientcontext'}" />
  4. //included in content.html on our template
  5. <div data-sly-resource="${'./text' @ resourceType='project/components/content/text'}"></div>
  6. <section data-sly-resource="${'./mainParsys' @ resourceType='foundation/components/parsys'}"></section>

It seems like a path conflict to me, can you change <sly data-sly-resource="${ @path='clientcontext', resourceType='cq/personalization/components/clientcontext'}" /> to  <div data-sly-resource="${ @path='clientcontext-new', resourceType='/libs/cq/personalization/components/clientcontext'}" data-sly-unwrap></div> 

Level 3

No joy.  It is just weird that the mouse over actions work for the parsys but not the custom components.  There must be some conflict in the javascript causing the mouse over events to not trigger.

Level 4

For us it even worked if we change "sly" tag to "div" tag like below

<div data-sly-resource="${'clientcontext' @ resourceType='cq/personalization/components/clientcontext'}"></div>