Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

search and promote in french is not fetching results for the entire combination

Level 2

Hi,

I have  few titles in index file and the corresponding metadata in that one of the title  is  Dictionnaire de termes du droit des affaires (Série du dictionnaire de droit de Black)

Now when searched with dictionnaire de droit de it is fetching the title  but if we search with dictionnaire de droit d it is not  fetching the results.

Happening with the out of the box search and results components, and also with the custom developed component.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

I suggest you log a Daycare ticket with this info along your configuration info for search&promote.  We'll check further if it's an AEM issue or check with S&P team.

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Employee

To clarify search and promote works on english content?

You might want to add debug logger 'com.day.cq.searchpromote' to check further.

Level 2

it is working fine with English content, but it is throwing this  anomaly when  translated to french

Employee

Have the logs revealed anything?  You can compare between when it works and when it doesn't. 

Level 2

for failed search  it is loggingas below

com.day.cq.searchpromote.Search <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="yes" ?> <customer-results> <query> <user-query><![CDATA[dictionnaire de droit d]]></user-query> <lower-results><![CDATA[0]]></lower-results> <upper-results><![CDATA[0]]></upper-results> <total-results><![CDATA[0]]></total-results>

whereas for success search it is showing <![CDATA[1]]  the corresponding  data 

Correct answer by
Employee

I suggest you log a Daycare ticket with this info along your configuration info for search&promote.  We'll check further if it's an AEM issue or check with S&P team.

Level 4

Try creating a Post Search Rule in SnP as below.

If all of the following conditions are met:

Template's search results in template <your template> for search default equal value 0

Perform the following actions:

Perform regex on template's search parameter q in template <your template> for search default pattern (.*) substitution *$1*

Level 1

I looked into this and to get the results to return as expected a 'Query Cleaning Rule' should be created.

A basic version for this is:

Condition(s):

Every Query

Perform the following action(s):

Perform regex on backend parameter sp_q pattern ^(.*)$ substitution $1*