Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session

Save & Close button on bulk editor page not working in AEM6.4

Level 2

Hi Team,

We are in process of migrating our aem application to AEM6.4 and we found that "Save & Close" button on bulk editor page not working in AEM6.4.Data is saving, but the page is not closing in all browser. Could you please help us on this.

/mnt/overlay/wcm/core/content/sites/properties.html

1673705_pastedImage_0.png

Thanks

Seran

9 Replies

Level 10

Do you see any error in browser's console log or network tab? What is the SP and core components version on your setup?

Level 10

Are you getting the same behavior on all browsers? If so - could be some sort of upgrade bug.

Level 10

This should be working as documented. Its appears to be a bug, Please open a support ticket.

Level 10

Does that issue happen with your own project only or OOB- we-retail as well? That issue could possibly be related to your custom code.

Level 2

Hi Gaurav,

Not seeing any errors in browser console and from server logs as well.We are using SP1 (AEM version: 6.4.1.0).

Thanks

Seran.

Level 2

Hi, Its happening to me as well. I am in AEM 6.3 SP3, was there any solution reached or is it indeed a bug?

Level 3

Hi All,

The good news is, this behavior is fixed in the latest release for AEM 6.4 which is AEM 6.4.5.0. I have validated the same at my end and it is closing the console post saving the selected page properties.

Level 1

"Save & Close" still appears to be broken under specific circumstances in out of the box 6.5.7.

When I perform a bulk edit of page properties, deselect page(s) that are to be included in the bulk edit, and reselect any subset of those pages, then hitting "Save & Close" will save any changes, but will incorrectly reload the editor instead of closing out to the sites console.

It seems like the fix in 6.4.5.0 doesn't account for this chain of events.