Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.
SOLVED

RTE - Stripping of Title and Href Attribute in Source Edit

Level 2

When we add title attribute with '+' in content and Href attribute with 'tel:' via Source Edit in RTE it strips away in the markup. Is there a recommended approach to handle this ? I have seen lot of articles recommending to change the xssprotection/config.xml but is this the only way to fix this since Adobe doesn't recommend meddling with it ? Please let me know. This is for AEM Saas. TIA

-Lokesh

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @lokesh426 

Please ensure to add "tel:" as a special link prefix in com.day.cq.rewriter.linkchecker.impl.LinkCheckerImpl OSGi configuration. This will ensure the tel link is not removed from the page.

asutosh_jena_0-1631210389850.png

And yes, you need to update the XSS protection to allow any special chars for any attributes you want.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @lokesh426 

Please ensure to add "tel:" as a special link prefix in com.day.cq.rewriter.linkchecker.impl.LinkCheckerImpl OSGi configuration. This will ensure the tel link is not removed from the page.

asutosh_jena_0-1631210389850.png

And yes, you need to update the XSS protection to allow any special chars for any attributes you want.

Thanks!

Level 2

Hi Ashutosh,

Thanks for the reply, updating link checker with tel fixed it .

-Lokesh