Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

RTE plugin menu is not visible until you click inside the RTE textarea in AEM 6.3 touch UI dialog

Level 2

Hello Everyone,

I have added rte plugins for text area within a dialog in AEM 6.3 touch UI. I see that the rte toolbar is displayed only when you click inside the text area.

Is there a configuration which will always display the toolbar?

Following are the screenshots for your reference:

1) When the dialog is loaded

Screen Shot 2017-10-03 at 4.46.54 PM.png

2) When I click inside the text area

Screen Shot 2017-10-03 at 4.47.07 PM.png

Could someone please let me know if there is configuration to have the toolbar show up every time?

Thanks,

Ananta

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Administrator

This is Expected. Since, a dialog can contain multiple RTE, at a time, only one RTE's toolbar should be visible. Hence, it is decided to show on the toolbar on click inside it..

Reference:- AEM 6.3 richtext

Kautuk Sahni

View solution in original post

10 Replies

Administrator

I can reproduce this. I have asked Ratna to have a look at this.

seems like a bug to me.

~Kautuk

Kautuk Sahni

Level 10

Hi Ananta,

Yes, this is the bug in AEM 6.3. RTE toolbar will only appear when you click on Text area .

Please raise the Day care support ticket for the same.

Thanks,

Ratna.

Level 2

Thanks. I will open a day care ticket for this issue.

smacdonald2008kautuksahni

I also noticed that there an extra blank line that is added between consecutive lines in text editor.

Please see the below image where there is a spacing between test1 and test2:

Screen Shot 2017-10-04 at 12.23.40 PM.png

Could you please let me know if there is a configuration to remove extra blank line between lines?

Thanks,

Ananta

Level 10

Hi Ananta,

RTE by default if you enter text after the line the space will get generated. This is default functionality. You can also do Shift+Enter if you do not want space.

RTE.PNG

Thanks,
Ratna.

Level 10

Ratna is correct - when you enter a new line of text - the functionality is like a hard return:

ARTE.png

Correct answer by
Administrator

This is Expected. Since, a dialog can contain multiple RTE, at a time, only one RTE's toolbar should be visible. Hence, it is decided to show on the toolbar on click inside it..

Reference:- AEM 6.3 richtext

Kautuk Sahni

Level 4

This is what works for me on AEM 6.4:

replacing siteName with your site/project name.  This is to namespace the style so that it doesn't affect other projects on the instance

form[action*="/content/siteName"] coral-panel-content div.rte-ui coral-buttongroup {

visibility: visible !important;

}

// to hide the additional tooltip (may not be required for all projects)

form[action*="/content/siteName"] div.cq-RichText.richtext-container.coral-Form-field.coral-DecoratedTextfield + coral-tooltip{

visibility: hidden;

}

​Good Luck...

Level 1

Ratna Kumarkautuksahnismacdonald2008

Do we have any latest update on this post? Did adobe fixed this issue in any service packs for AEM 6.3 version? Please update me on this issues, we are also facing the same issue.

Thank you,

Shravan Bachu