Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

RTE paraformat formats = add class to tag

Level 4

We are need to create paragraph style using and H1 tag with a class.  Under the paraformat/formats node we have a h1 node with property tag = "h1".  How to we append a class on the H1?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 8

The paraformat doesn't allow you to set a class name on the tag. The RTE has a second pluging - Styles which allows you specify a class name to applied to text, however it does so by wrapping the text in a <span> tag. See http://docs.adobe.com/docs/en/aem/6-0/administer/operations/page-authoring/rich-text-editor.html#Sty... (Text) for details. 

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Level 4

Anyone know before I escalate to Day Care?  This simple thing is totally undocumented.

Level 4

I want to bump this again.  The only answer I've seen is use CSS.  That is not really acceptable.  Surely we can set the width of these fields.

Level 10

Most people place style values like this in CSS files and place the CSS files in clientlibs. 

Correct answer by
Level 8

The paraformat doesn't allow you to set a class name on the tag. The RTE has a second pluging - Styles which allows you specify a class name to applied to text, however it does so by wrapping the text in a <span> tag. See http://docs.adobe.com/docs/en/aem/6-0/administer/operations/page-authoring/rich-text-editor.html#Sty... (Text) for details. 

Level 9

Hi Scott,

Can you please elaborate this? we have classes in clientlibs, how do I add class to have this functionality create a tag like this.

<h1 class="h1class> ... </h1>

Here is what I have for dialog.xml, how 

<paraformat

jcr:primaryType="nt:unstructured"

features="*">

<formats jcr:primaryType="cq:WidgetCollection">

<p jcr:primaryType="nt:unstructured" description="Paragraph" tag="p" />

<h1 jcr:primaryType="nt:unstructured" description="Heading 1"tag="h1" />

</formats>

</paraformat>

Level 4

This has been rough - especially when converting classic RTE plugins to Touch UI RTEs.

Companies have spent a lot of time creating customized RTE functionality and the ability to not quickly convert say, 3 types of blockquotes added to the previous styles in Classic, but converting them to Touch means I have to recreate the entire styles as a span and then move the styles.

It seems that being able to define a Block Level element and a class(es) along with it would be straight forward and standard functionality to any RTE.