Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Rich Text Editor issue | RTE Removes attributes from <div> if any attribute is "id"

Level 4

Hi,

I am using AEM 6.1 (actually same issue exists on older AEM too). This is related to RichText editor. 

Issue
In source mode when we enter below <div> :
<div id="my-key">This is test</div>

it removes the attributes within <div> and change it to something below:
<div>This is test</div>

But what we noticed was if I change the "id" attribute to "class" attribute in <div> then RTE retains the <div> without changing anything
<div class="my-key">This is test</div>

Just wondering if anyone of you guys had similar issue. I am using out of box RTE plugin.

Thanks in advance.
1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 8

This is to do with XSS protection that that text editor runs through.  You can find the configuration file here: /libs/cq/xssprotection/config.xml

You can overlay the file under /apps/cq/xssprotection/config.xml and modify the configuration to allow what you're putting in there.  At first glance, it looks like it validates the ID attribute with the following regex: <regexp name="htmlId" value="[a-zA-Z0-9\:\-_\.]+"/>.  You may need to configure that further, or change the ID for your element (which would likely be a better option)

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Level 8

This is to do with XSS protection that that text editor runs through.  You can find the configuration file here: /libs/cq/xssprotection/config.xml

You can overlay the file under /apps/cq/xssprotection/config.xml and modify the configuration to allow what you're putting in there.  At first glance, it looks like it validates the ID attribute with the following regex: <regexp name="htmlId" value="[a-zA-Z0-9\:\-_\.]+"/>.  You may need to configure that further, or change the ID for your element (which would likely be a better option)