Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.
SOLVED

Responsive Grid component clarification

Level 6

HI Team,

I have custom component where Author can author number Like (1,2,3,4,5,6) any value.

If Author Authors Like 4 Then i am getting the value in sling model from that i need to include the Responsive grid  like 

<div class="aem-Grid aem-Grid--12">

<div class="aem-GridColumn aem-GridColumn--default--4"></div>

</div>

If Author Authors like 6 then the Responsive grid should like 

<div class="aem-Grid aem-Grid--12">

<div class="aem-GridColumn aem-GridColumn--default--2"></div>

</div>

Based on Author Number we need to calculate and need to generate Responsive grid

How we can achive this 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@manikanthar1295 Since in sightly you cannot do logic manipulation, you do your logic of how to split 12 columns in model itself and return the result as list like eg: [2,2,2,2,2,2] for "6" selected in dialog. You can loop thru that list and put it in the div.class in sightly. 

you need to think about when 5 is selected, how to divide 12 col by 5. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@manikanthar1295 Since in sightly you cannot do logic manipulation, you do your logic of how to split 12 columns in model itself and return the result as list like eg: [2,2,2,2,2,2] for "6" selected in dialog. You can loop thru that list and put it in the div.class in sightly. 

you need to think about when 5 is selected, how to divide 12 col by 5. 

Level 2

you can go through this 'http://www.6dglobal.com/blog/creating-column-control-adobe-cq-2012-02-07' link . Instead of JSP you can use slightly code.

<div data-sly-resource="${ columnList.index @resourceType='wcm/foundation/components/parsys'}"/>