Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

requirement is publishing the cq page in to different environment where cq page and images can be accessed through their web application

Level 10

Hi,

we have a requirement below,

Authors will create the content in  AEM author environment, from there the content has to be served to different web application ( which is not in AEM environment)

My Approach is,

we will create the static agent where destination will be a local file system , from there we will create utility to transport the content.

here I have a challenge like identifying the static queue on the fly when the content activated to restrict content activation through rest of the replication agents.

how will I achieve this .. 

and how to transporting the content to destination.

the same question has been asked in the below request,

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1062322

Thanks,

Ratna

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi Ratna,

Normally, when you would want to integrate with third party, you would let them to fetch your content from your site.

E.g. allow them to get content from you via JSON/XML/HTML/YOUR_CHOOSEN_ENDPOINT and cache the content that you provide on Dispatcher.

This would allow you to follow your normal content invalidation procedure with usual Publisher/Dispatcher flush agents.

Then you would not need to implement a custom replication agent, right?

Do you see a specific need for replication agent in your case?

Thanks,

Peter

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Level 10

I agree with Peter, You can push the content into publish env. Expose the content as service via .json so that other application can consume it.

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi Ratna,

Normally, when you would want to integrate with third party, you would let them to fetch your content from your site.

E.g. allow them to get content from you via JSON/XML/HTML/YOUR_CHOOSEN_ENDPOINT and cache the content that you provide on Dispatcher.

This would allow you to follow your normal content invalidation procedure with usual Publisher/Dispatcher flush agents.

Then you would not need to implement a custom replication agent, right?

Do you see a specific need for replication agent in your case?

Thanks,

Peter

Level 10

Hi Peter,

I did not understand your approach. 

You mean is third party will fetch the content from publisher nodes using jcr api? 

or when we hit the author/publisher url's with infinity json we get the json response is that need to pulled by the third party.

If possible please give a scenario and example.

it's little urgent.

Thanks,

Ratna

Employee

Hi Ratna,

one way to implement this would be to activate the content to a publish instance and then your external web applications could extract content via Rest calls.

The forum question you quoted was around creating replication queues for different content trees which can be achieved by using replication users which only have access to specific content trees. If you have content trees which are to be sent to different applications then you could use this approach.

It all really depends on whether you want to push the content to the external app, or whether the external app can pull your content.

Regards,

Opkar