Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Granite UI

Former Community Member

Hi,

I am currently working on a project and needs help in using the Granite UI components.

We were initially using Classic UI to perform all the activities and were able to develop the page as per the requirement of the client. Now client asks to implement Granite UI based components. I have checked on the internet alot but could not find anything that would help. I would need clarifications on the below questions.

1. What is the difference/advantage of using Granite UI over classic UI?

2. Are granite UI components to be used in dialogs only? I have found few helpx articles that use the granite UI components while creating dialogs ONLY.

3. If i wish to use granite UI components(found under libs/granite/ui/components/foundation) in my page, what is the best way to do this? I tried including the component as <cq:include path="something" resource="path-to-granite-component"> on my page. It distorts the page and does not behave as intended.

4. If they can be used on page, then what is the best way of stacking various components on my page ? do I need to create a seperate component for every OOTB granite component(i.e. create seperate component for say, a checkbox and a textfield and a submit button) and then drag them on the page ? how do we control the behavior of the components?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

We just did an ASK THE AEM EXPERTS session on this subject. See:

http://help-forums.adobe.com/content/adobeforums/en/experience-manager-forum/adobe-experience-manage...

You can watch the playback of the webinar. It goes into a lot of detail.

By the way - Granite UI are used in TOuch UI component dialogs - but also in the Touch UI AEM Interface itself.

So they are used in many more places other than a dialog.  

I will check/review the helpx articles to make sure that they do not say that Grainte UI APIS are only used for dialogs. 

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

We just did an ASK THE AEM EXPERTS session on this subject. See:

http://help-forums.adobe.com/content/adobeforums/en/experience-manager-forum/adobe-experience-manage...

You can watch the playback of the webinar. It goes into a lot of detail.

By the way - Granite UI are used in TOuch UI component dialogs - but also in the Touch UI AEM Interface itself.

So they are used in many more places other than a dialog.  

I will check/review the helpx articles to make sure that they do not say that Grainte UI APIS are only used for dialogs. 

Former Community Member

Thanks for the reply..!! I will go through the webinar once and will see if it solve my queries. Basically, I am facing issue rendering various (granite UI) components on the page.

Former Community Member

Scott, I would to thank you again for such a wonderful resource link. It helped me clarify a lot of things. but I would like to know more about how to use them in the actual pages that we create. I understand how to use them on dialogs and on AEM UI but I would like to know more about using them and extending them on a page.

I appreciate your help :)

Cheers

Level 10

We are going to write more community articles around this use case. We know that how to use the Touch UI is an important topic in the AEM community.

In the meantime - another article that i can point you to and it does have a webinair is:

Extending AEM 6 Administrator User Interface

This article talks abut how to extend AEM Touch UI using JCR nodes.