Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Required parameters not present for creating tally response! error on using the voting component.

Former Community Member

I am new to CQ and am using CQ5.6.1 . I have tried to insert the voting component using <cq:include path="voting" resourceType="social/tally/components/voting" /> and on clicking the up/down arrow , I am getting the Required parameters not present for creating tally response! The screenshot is attached.

Can you please let me know if I am missing something ?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 9

Including the required clientlib is the correct answer.

When using version 1.4 of social communities for AEM 5.6.1, you can reference the AEM 6.0 documentation.

See this page for developers, which has information about required clientlibs, which, for Voting, is cq.social.hbs.voting.

http://docs.adobe.com/docs/en/aem/6-0/develop/social-communities/essentials/voting.html

- JK

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Level 10

I will look into this issue. It may be a bug - i will see if it's a reproducible error.

Former Community Member

smacdonald2008 wrote...

I will look into this issue. It may be a bug - i will see if it's a reproducible error.

Thanks a lot for getting back to me..please let me know your findings..

Employee

Please check that the appropriate clientlibs are included on the page, and that there aren't any javascript errors in the browser console

Former Community Member

dwalling wrote...

Please check that the appropriate clientlibs are included on the page, and that there aren't any javascript errors in the browser console

the only error that I see in the error console window is "NetworkError: 400 Bad Request" . There are no javascript errors present.

Correct answer by
Level 9

Including the required clientlib is the correct answer.

When using version 1.4 of social communities for AEM 5.6.1, you can reference the AEM 6.0 documentation.

See this page for developers, which has information about required clientlibs, which, for Voting, is cq.social.hbs.voting.

http://docs.adobe.com/docs/en/aem/6-0/develop/social-communities/essentials/voting.html

- JK

Employee

Not sure if it will help, but here in these forums our include of a voting component (for the heart icon you see) has the path set to "votes" whereas yours is "voting":

<cq:include path="votes" resourceType="social/tally/components/voting"/>

Although, changing on my end to "voting" produces a 404, not 400 like the error you showed. So I am guessing it is not as simple as that, and you might want to attach the full exception from the log.