Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Replication -Page is not replicated successfully but in site admin it is showing as Published .

Level 3

Hi ,

I tried to activate a page/asset using workflow process step , if the publisher is not available the default behavior of aem is ,page/asset should move to replication queue.
Currently page/assets are moving to replication queue ,but in the site admin it is showing as published(green) which is actually not published.Please refer the screen shots :

1232991_pastedImage_1.png

1232990_pastedImage_0.png

I used

replicator.replicate(session, ReplicationActionType.ACTIVATE, path, opts) to replicate.
Can you please say if I missed something from myside.

Thanks,

Pallavi

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 7

Hi Pallavi,

The way replication agent works is fire and forget. It places the resource in the replication queue and then the resource is considered to be published. Check if the connection to the publish instance is there or not?

There might be some problem in the connection and for me this is not an issue, this is working as per design.

Thanks

Tuhin

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Employee

Hey Pallavi,

if page is not getting replicated over to the publish instance there must be something in the logs. See logs from author and publish and if you need help, post the stacktrace here for review

Correct answer by
Level 7

Hi Pallavi,

The way replication agent works is fire and forget. It places the resource in the replication queue and then the resource is considered to be published. Check if the connection to the publish instance is there or not?

There might be some problem in the connection and for me this is not an issue, this is working as per design.

Thanks

Tuhin

Level 9

Hi,

you can check following things:

• Replication connection
  • Replication logs
  • Replication Queue
  • Is there any broken component in the page.

Regards,

Jitendra

Level 3

Hi All,

May be I was not descriptive while explaining the issue.

My issue was page/asset were in pending state in replication agent queue, but in siteadmin/damadmin instead of showing orange color(pending in queue) , it was showing green(activated).

I found the issue : While replicating I was replicating the jcr:content of the path .
example : if the page is /content/dam/image1.png.
I was replicating /content/dam/image1.png/jcr:content.(i.e,. sending this path to replicator.replicate() method)

But now I am sending "/content/dam/image1.png" to the replicator.replicate() method. and I am able to see it in orange color (pending in queue) .
I know its a weird solution ,but it worked.

Thanks all for the responses.

Thanks,

Pallavi

Level 3

Hi , Kunwar,

I was testing different scenarios .
1)When the publisher is not absent/down. - here logs were coming as "connection refused"

2)If the transport user doesn't have right privileges to certain content.-here logs were coming as "no access"

So Ideally pages should not be published in both the case..
In my case pages were not getting published in publisher(ideal case) ,also because there was a replication request it goes to repective replication agent.(success).
But as the pages are still in replication agent , it should show orange color(pending in queue) in siteadmin/damadmin -
For me it was showing green color-(activated).

Thanks,

Pallavi