Expand my Community achievements bar.

Receiving 500 Error and not able to author alt tags or update images

Level 2

Our authors are not able to edit alt tags or update images. Here are the errors from the logs below:

31.10.2016 13:09:31.094 *ERROR* [127.0.0.1 [1477933771090] POST /content/sample/jcr:content/mainpar/column_1/column1/imagecomponent_44c0 HTTP/1.1] org.apache.sling.servlets.post.impl.operations.ModifyOperation Exception during response processing.
javax.jcr.nodetype.NoSuchNodeTypeException: Node type cq:LiveRelationship,cq:LiveSyncCancelled does not exist
        at org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.util.TreeUtil.addMixin(TreeUtil.java:217)
        at org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.jcr.delegate.NodeDelegate.addMixin(NodeDelegate.java:392)
        at org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.jcr.session.NodeImpl$26.performVoid(NodeImpl.java:983)
        at org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.jcr.delegate.SessionDelegate.performVoid(SessionDelegate.java:266)
        at org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.jcr.session.NodeImpl.addMixin(NodeImpl.java:972)
        at org.apache.sling.servlets.post.impl.operations.AbstractCreateOperation.updateMixins(AbstractCreateOperation.java:180)
        at org.apache.sling.servlets.post.impl.operations.AbstractCreateOperation.processCreate(AbstractCreateOperation.java:113)
        at org.apache.sling.servlets.post.impl.operations.ModifyOperation.doRun(ModifyOperation.java:91)
        at org.apache.sling.servlets.post.AbstractPostOperation.run(AbstractPostOperation.java:92)

5 Replies

Community Advisor

Dear weba78885530,

Thank you for asking this question,

Following steps worked for me in this situation:

1) Restore back up(that you know did work, without this error) somewhere else, look for the node type definition xml file.

2) Stop your broken instance(take a back up, just in case).

3) Diff the node type definition file between your broken instance and back up.

4) Add missing lines(node types) to your broken instance.

5) Start broken instance should be fine now(otherwise restore a back you took before at step (2)).

P.S. google found this, might be helpful too[1]

[1] http://help-forums.adobe.com/content/adobeforums/en/experience-manager-forum/adobe-experience-manage...

Kind Regards,

Peter

Level 2

Thanks for the reply

Backup restore unfortunately is not an option. The issue happens when the author goes to edit the "Image Alternative Text". I look in crx/de and I do see the jcr:mixinTypes: cq:LiveRelationship, cq:LiveSyncCancelled.

Here are some screenshots to help.

Administrator

can you please share with us AEM version and steps to reproduce the behavior ?

~kautuk

Kautuk Sahni

Level 2

Kautuk,

We're running AEM 6.1 SP1. I have also tested our content and image component in SP2 and result the same problem.

The problem seems to revolve around the image component. So I go to cancel the inheritance of the image component properties, change alt image name, reload the page (using Classic UI), the inheritance will revert back to locked. The changed tagging will still remain what I changed it too, so the problem occurs when we go to rollout from the blueprint and the alt image name get overwritten by blueprint.

Thanks

Level 2

Any suggestions on this?

Not sure if having multiple layers of live copies could cause this error? The error does seem to go away when I "revert inheritance" or turn inheritance back on, and I go back to cancel inheritance again. It almost seems the the "cq:LiveSyncCancelled" setting in crx/de is stuck before I did the changes above.

10.11.2016 03:40:51.227 *ERROR* [127.0.0.1 [1478767251219] POST /content/staging-emea-german/jcr:content/mainpar/column_9/column3/imagecomponent HTTP/1.1] org.apache.sling.servlets.post.impl.operations.ModifyOperation Exception during response processing.
javax.jcr.nodetype.NoSuchNodeTypeException: Node type cq:LiveRelationship,cq:LiveSyncCancelled does not exist