Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Read only access to Page Properties in the Sidekick

Level 1

Is there a way to have read only access to the page along with page properties in the Sidekick. If we restrict the modify access to a group, the Page properties in the sidekick is grayed out. We need this for our reviewer group, as they will not have modify permissions, only review and lot of metadata is stored at the Page Properties level.

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

There is no direct way from the useradmin permission tab to configure this .   The only way to achieve this is to use global ACL editor and selectively give modify permission on jcr content of pages and deny modify permission on jcr:content's sub nodes. 

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

There is no direct way from the useradmin permission tab to configure this .   The only way to achieve this is to use global ACL editor and selectively give modify permission on jcr content of pages and deny modify permission on jcr:content's sub nodes. 

Employee Advisor

Hi,

Basically you can change it(overlay the right javascript snippet), but please consider, that such a change has an impact on all dialogs, where items are displayed which you cannot change.

Jörg

Level 1

Sham HC wrote...

Thanks Sham. But by giving modify permissions on jcr:content, won't users of reviewer group modify/update page properties. What I am looking for is to have read only access.

Level 10

cq-user wrote...

Sham HC wrote...

Thanks Sham. But by giving modify permissions on jcr:content, won't users of reviewer group modify/update page properties. What I am looking for is to have read only access.

I said deny permission to jcr:content  and modify permission to page root level.