Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Purge Versions for DAM content error

Level 4

Hi,

I am trying to perform versions purge for DAM content with Purge Versions tool OOTB from AEM but I have the following exception. It seems that there are versions for a certain node, but this node is not versionable. The issue here is that when the exception occurs for a certain node, all the other version nodes in the recursion list are skipped... Do you know how can I fix this and perform an efficient versions purge for DAM content?

I am currently running AEM 6.0 + SP3.

Thank you.

24.11.2015 12:06:04.482 *ERROR* [172.31.19.105 [1448363152098] POST /etc/versioning/purge.html HTTP/1.1] com.day.cq.wcm.core.impl.VersionManagerImpl Exception during version purging.
javax.jcr.UnsupportedRepositoryOperationException: Node at /content/dam/xyz/abd/productimages/2/200/2000817/pui.png is not versionable
        at org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.plugins.version.ReadOnlyVersionManager.checkVersionable(ReadOnlyVersionManager.java:185)
        at org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.plugins.version.ReadOnlyVersionManager.getBaseVersion(ReadOnlyVersionManager.java:149)
        at org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.jcr.delegate.VersionManagerDelegate.getBaseVersion(VersionManagerDelegate.java:109)
        at org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.jcr.version.VersionManagerImpl$5.perform(VersionManagerImpl.java:293)
        at org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.jcr.version.VersionManagerImpl$5.perform(VersionManagerImpl.java:284)
        at org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.jcr.delegate.SessionDelegate.perform(SessionDelegate.java:202)
        at org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.jcr.version.VersionManagerImpl.getBaseVersion(VersionManagerImpl.java:284)
        at com.day.cq.wcm.core.impl.VersionManagerImpl.getTreePurgeList(VersionManagerImpl.java:572)
        at com.day.cq.wcm.core.impl.VersionManagerImpl.purgeVersions(VersionManagerImpl.java:442)
        at org.apache.jsp.libs.wcm.core.components.versionpurge.POST_jsp$Processor.internalProcess(POST_jsp.java:154)
        at org.apache.jsp.libs.wcm.core.components.versionpurge.POST_jsp$Processor.process(POST_jsp.java:130)
        at org.apache.jsp.libs.wcm.core.components.versionpurge.POST_jsp._jspService(POST_jsp.java:409)

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

I have tried purging DAM Assets using the tool.

First - i created a few versions of the same asset for testing purposes.

As you can see - there are different versions of the asset named banner-mono.png.

I have used the tool to purge assets. Make sure you setup the tool properly:

I was not able to reproduce your exceptions. 

Can you post a screenshot of the tool. I want to figure out why you are getting exceptions. 

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Administrator

Hi 

A VersionException is thrown or if a child item of this node has an OnParentVersion status of ABORT. This includes the case where an unresolved merge failure exists on this node, as indicated by the presence of the jcr:mergeFailed property.

OR

The checked-out state indicates to the repository and other clients that the latest version of N is “being worked on” and will typically be checked-in again at some point in the future, thus creating a new version.

On checkout of a node N:

• If N is not versionable, an UnsupportedRepositoryOperationException is thrown

I hope this would help. I will try to find some solution for the same.

Thanks and Regards

Kautuk Sahni

Kautuk Sahni

Level 4

The question is: how do I purge versions of DAM content?

Correct answer by
Level 10

I have tried purging DAM Assets using the tool.

First - i created a few versions of the same asset for testing purposes.

As you can see - there are different versions of the asset named banner-mono.png.

I have used the tool to purge assets. Make sure you setup the tool properly:

I was not able to reproduce your exceptions. 

Can you post a screenshot of the tool. I want to figure out why you are getting exceptions.