Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Puplished page is not rendering the content in Publish instance

Level 5

Hi all, 

I have created a project and devloped some pages . I have published them also. But when I open the page in publish instance it's not showing anything. It's showing only empty page. Can anyone help me with this??

Author instance : 4502 - Published page 

Tessa_learner1_0-1652423924315.png

Tessa_learner1_1-1652424001434.png

The same page in Publish instance - 4503 port

Tessa_learner1_2-1652424099030.png

It's not rendering any page content only throws blank page.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

the only way to make the publish agent work by default is to install the publish AEM instance in the localhost, with the port 4503.

Assumed that you did that properly, the publish action should work. In any case you can check the publish agent in the author instance here (localhost is by default, if you're using a different domain it won't work):
http://localhost:4502/etc/replication/agents.author/publish.html

There's a link "Test connection", try it and you should see the result.

If you won't be able to run it successfully, then there's a connectivity issue between the author and publish instances. Click edit and modify the parameters accordingly to your situation.

Another possible issue might be the permissions. Maybe you need to login into the publish instance as admin to see the page because the anonymous user is not enabled for reading the /content folder where your page is. In this case you should modify the anonymous user permissions in the publish instance in order to read the page node that you published as an anonymous user.

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi @Tessa_learner1 ,

Are you using a separate instance for author and publish ?. It seems the changes you did in the author are not deployed on publish instance. Deploy your content package separately on Publish instance.

Level 5

Hi @MayurSatav Yes I'm using separeate instances for author & publish. 

I'll try to deploy it in the publish instance. 

Level 2

@Tessa_learner1 

Did you check your replication logs ?

Also are all other pages such as we retail working on publish.

Probably some back end services is/are either missing/un resolved.

Thanks

Level 5

Hi @Phoenics  How and where to check the replication logs ??  And we retail pages are working only my custom projects are not working. 

Correct answer by
Level 2

the only way to make the publish agent work by default is to install the publish AEM instance in the localhost, with the port 4503.

Assumed that you did that properly, the publish action should work. In any case you can check the publish agent in the author instance here (localhost is by default, if you're using a different domain it won't work):
http://localhost:4502/etc/replication/agents.author/publish.html

There's a link "Test connection", try it and you should see the result.

If you won't be able to run it successfully, then there's a connectivity issue between the author and publish instances. Click edit and modify the parameters accordingly to your situation.

Another possible issue might be the permissions. Maybe you need to login into the publish instance as admin to see the page because the anonymous user is not enabled for reading the /content folder where your page is. In this case you should modify the anonymous user permissions in the publish instance in order to read the page node that you published as an anonymous user.

Level 4

Please check in CRXDE of publish instance, if page is available there . If not, check your replication agent configurations or deploy your content package manually (also deploy code package if not available) on publish instance. 

Employee Advisor

could you please tell me have you deployed  core (bundle), components (apps), configs, templates along with published pages on Publish instance? 

Components are responsible to render content on pages, if we don't have requisite components then we could see this issue on publish instance.

Please do compare your project related modules like core (bundle), components (apps), configs, templates between author and publish instance.