You can do this several ways check this
Before that you need to setup replication agent, if you are using 4502 and 4503 then y default it comes otherwise you need to configure manually
Which version are you using ? Are you working in classic UI or Touch UI ? Adding to what raja mentioned. Before publishing your website please make sure the below things
1) Deploy your code to publish
2) Open the felix console and make sure all your bundles are in active state
3) Assuming the replication agents are set , Test the connection of your replication agent from http://localhost:4502/etc/replication/agents.author/publish.html (change this URL according to your replication agent)
Click test connection
If you get succeed , your rep agent is setup properly
3) Once the code is deployed to publish , you can do the below to publish a website or page ?
1) either you can go to http://localhost:4502/etc/replication/treeactivation.html (Should be done with extra care as this will publish all the content below this path . So it might cost you a lot of this is done carelessly and unless 100% sure)
2) To activate any page from siteadmin (classic) you can click on the page and click "Activate" or right click and "Activate" . If the light turns green , that means the content is published
3) In touch UI , go to sites.html and select the page you want to publish and click on "Publish"
4) If you are in a page and want to publish it , click on the properties tab in the top left corner and click "Publish"
5) In Classic UI , same can be done from Side Kick like below
Hope this helps
To deploy any package , if it is a maven package that you are having , first you need to build the package using mvn clean install command. Once build is success , you will get the deployable package under apps.
If archetype 13 or 14 , you will have ui.apps folder , go to target inside that and your package will be present there .
You will have a zip file inside the target folder.
This zip you can install via package manager
You can go through the package manager documentation and try this out one by one before doing real deployment. How to Work With Packages
Learn how to work with the packages and the you can upload the package and install it
How are deploying your code through the package manager or MVN command?
If it is a package manager then you can directly open the below URL and upload your package and install
If it is through mvn command then you need to check what profile is configured in your POM.xml file. check below example code, if something exists like this then you need to run MVN publish command
mvn -autoInstallPackagePublish clean install