Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Publish later function

Level 4

Hi

I have a question about publish later.  Does this work alongside page versioning?

Use case - Someone schedules the publish later for 30th Sept midnight for the current version.   In the meantime someone else makes a general edit and publishes the page.    At 30th September midnight - will AEM publish the version of the page that was set at the time they scheduled the publish or will it publish the latest version of the page with the extra edit?

thanks

Keeley

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

To add to Jaideep post: it will publish the latest version. If there is a business case to revert the changes before publishing, you can employ a Timeline feature to get back to the previous version:

Working with Page Versions

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Employee Advisor

To answer your question:

will AEM publish the version of the page that was set at the time they scheduled the publish or will it publish the latest version of the page with the extra edit? -----> Publish later functionality will publish the latest version with extra edit.

If you would like to publish a predefined version on a predefined date, you can use the Launches[1] functionality of AEM.

[1] Launches

Correct answer by
Employee

To add to Jaideep post: it will publish the latest version. If there is a business case to revert the changes before publishing, you can employ a Timeline feature to get back to the previous version:

Working with Page Versions

Level 3

Hi,

Could someone please help with my question above (from 28-07-2021)?

Regards,

Alexander

Level 3

Hi,

I can see different behavior in AEM 6.5.8. Here is my scenario:

• edit the page, make change #1 to a text component
  • go to Manage Publication, schedule publication for a later moment
  • edit the page, make change #2 to the same component
  • wait until the scheduled moment

After this, on Publish instance there is change #1 present but not change #2. So looks like Manage Publication publishes content that was there at the moment of scheduling.

Is this the expected behavior?

If yes, is there an out-of-the-box way to configure it (make it publish the latest state of the page)?

Regards,

Alexander