Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Provide content editors capability of specifying 301 redirects

Level 4

Hi Guru's ,

I'm facing a use case where content editors would like to have a capability of configuring a 301 redirects.

From the web found some articles where using a component or in a template can specify a desired response code and a configure a redirect url .However I'm not sure of this approach as the request will always hit publishers before redirecting .

I would like to have my solution using redirects at web server level to avoid load on publishers . Are there any solutions where a redirect file can be generated on fly based on author's configurations of src and dest url's  and pushed to apache ? 

cheers

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

I dont think there is a way you can push the configuration to webserver, it has to be configured manually to webserver or may have to write a script to update the same.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

I dont think there is a way you can push the configuration to webserver, it has to be configured manually to webserver or may have to write a script to update the same.

Level 4

@bsloki Thanks for your reply.

Other then approaches we discussed above any other approaches for  such use cases ?