Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

prod environment is alternating use of /apps/acs-commons-old and /apps/acs-commons - causing Dialog save errors

Level 7

hi folks,

This happened after a recent upgrade to 6.5.12 from 6.5.5.

It doesn't happen on lower environments where only /apps/acs-commons is used.

According to my Package Mgr, acs-commons 4.11.0  apps and content are installed on Prod which looks the same as the lower environments.

thanks in advance for any assistance!

Fiona

acs-commons-prod.png

Here is the debug showing the JS libraries loaded

acs_common_lib_prod1.png

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

If old acs-commons is still available inside /apps then the client libraries present in it will still be getting applied. So /apps/acs-commons-old should be removed.

View solution in original post

10 Replies

Community Advisor

Did you rename the old /apps/acs-commons to /apps/acs-commons-old before installing package?

Level 7

hi !

Actually, It is my Adobe Customer Success Engineer (CSE) who deals with our prod environment.

She didn't upgrade the ACS Commons libraries this upgrade as far as I remember.

She may have made a copy of acs-commons during the 6.5 upgrade a few years ago?

But I don't see anything like that in the crx/packmgr.

Should I ask her to do something special ? Uninstall the acs commons and reinstall it perhaps?

thanks

Fiona

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

If old acs-commons is still available inside /apps then the client libraries present in it will still be getting applied. So /apps/acs-commons-old should be removed.

Level 7

hi,

thanks for that. It sounds like  I should ask the CSE to remove the /apps/acs-commons-old via crx/de.

I've no access to that.

thanks

Fiona

Level 7

Hi,

I was wrong about the acs-commons-old causing my problems, On further examination it was this.....

https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/adobe-experience-manager/after-updating-aem-6-5-10-...

So I must add a library "underscore" somehow. I've asked how in the above link.

Still it is good that the messy duplication library is gone in any case!

thanks

Fiona

Level 7

In the end, in my .content.xml files,  I put lodash.underscore instead of underscore and that worked to fix my Dialog errors.

Community Advisor

There could be issue due to duplicate instances of files.

You should be using only one instance of ACS Common.

Arun Patidar

Level 7

Hi,

I got rid of the dud duplicate library, but I still had my Dialog save problem.

On further examination, I finally figured that the Dialog code that was breaking was using underscore.

So I found this.

https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/adobe-experience-manager/after-updating-aem-6-5-10-...

It says "Adobe recommends customers that still require Lodash/underscore for their code to add it into their project code base."

I'm not sure how to do this so that the correct clientlib is picked up by the Authoring code.

If I do something like,

aem.ui.apps/src/main/content/jcr_root/apps/myproj/clientlibs/underscore

with a directory

js/underscore.js

js.txt -> with "#base=js " and "underscore.js"

.content.xml with

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<jcr:root xmlns:cq="http://www.day.com/jcr/cq/1.0" xmlns:jcr="http://www.jcp.org/jcr/1.0"
jcr:primaryType="cq:ClientLibraryFolder"
allowProxy="{Boolean}true"
categories="[underscore]"/>

will this do the job I wonder.

thanks

FIona

Level 7

In the end, in my .content.xml files, I put lodash.underscore instead of underscore and that worked to fix my Dialog errors. I think the "underscore" was removed in 6.5.10 but you can still use the lodash.underscore.