Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Error in DAM Update asset workflow after customization in AEM 6.5.13

Level 2

After migrating from 6.3 to 6.5, I am experiencing error in customized DAM update Asset workflow.

I am getting following error:

com.adobe.granite.workflow.WorkflowException: Process implementation not found: com.day.cq.dam.indd.process.INDDCreateThumbnailProcess
at com.adobe.granite.workflow.core.job.HandlerBase.executeProcess(HandlerBase.java:207)
at com.adobe.granite.workflow.core.job.JobHandler.process(JobHandler.java:275)
at org.apache.sling.event.impl.jobs.JobConsumerManager$JobConsumerWrapper.process(JobConsumerManager.java:502)
at org.apache.sling.event.impl.jobs.queues.JobQueueImpl.startJob(JobQueueImpl.java:351)
at org.apache.sling.event.impl.jobs.queues.JobQueueImpl.access$100(JobQueueImpl.java:60)
at org.apache.sling.event.impl.jobs.queues.JobQueueImpl$1.run(JobQueueImpl.java:287)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:750)

Is this process removed from AEM 6.5, as I can see it in 6.3 version

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @STJ_1234,

com.day.cq.dam.indd.process.INDDCreateThumbnailProcess has been removed from AEM 6.5. This is why you see the error. In general I would recommend to compare your DAM update asset workflow from AEM 6.3 with the one from AEM 6.5. This will give you clear view on differences in workflow steps, and potential alignments you will have to do as part of migration/upgrade steps.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @STJ_1234,

com.day.cq.dam.indd.process.INDDCreateThumbnailProcess has been removed from AEM 6.5. This is why you see the error. In general I would recommend to compare your DAM update asset workflow from AEM 6.3 with the one from AEM 6.5. This will give you clear view on differences in workflow steps, and potential alignments you will have to do as part of migration/upgrade steps.

Level 2

Hi @lukasz-m 

Thanks for your reply! Is there any documentation from Adobe where I can refer that it is removed from 6.5 version?

Level 2

Thanks 

@kautuk_sahni @lukasz-m  Is there any possible replacements from Adobe for the process:com.day.cq.dam.indd.process.INDDCreateThumbnailProcess, as it is removed.
As far as I understood, This step will check for the thumbnail existence and It will create new thumbnails from thumbnail.jpg rendition.