Expand my Community achievements bar.

July 31st AEM Gems Webinar: Elevate your AEM development to master the integration of private GitHub repositories within AEM Cloud Manager.
SOLVED

Problem with installing AEM 6.0

Level 3

Hi I am unable to install AEM in my system tough I have placed correct properties file. Please find below the errors.

*INFO* [qtp2067191557-43] org.apache.sling.auth.core.impl.SlingAuthenticator getAnonymousResolver: Anonymous access not allowed by configuration - requesting credentials
09.02.2015 11:54:54.749 *ERROR* [0:0:0:0:0:0:0:1 [1423463094744] GET /libs/granite/core/content/login.html HTTP/1.1] org.apache.sling.engine.impl.SlingRequestProcessorImpl service: Uncaught SlingException
org.apache.sling.scripting.jsp.jasper.JasperException: Unable to compile class for JSP:

An error occurred at line: 95 in the jsp file: /libs/granite/core/components/login/login.jsp
The type java.lang.CharSequence cannot be resolved. It is indirectly referenced from required .class files
92:             ? request.getParameter(PARAM_NAME_REASON)
93:             : "";
94:
95:     if (!StringUtils.isEmpty(reason)) {
96:         if (validReasons.containsKey(reason)) {
97:             reason = validReasons.get(reason);
98:         } else {

An error occurred at line: 95 in the jsp file: /libs/granite/core/components/login/login.jsp
The method isEmpty(CharSequence) in the type StringUtils is not applicable for the arguments (String)
92:             ? request.getParameter(PARAM_NAME_REASON)
93:             : "";
94:
95:     if (!StringUtils.isEmpty(reason)) {
96:         if (validReasons.containsKey(reason)) {
97:             reason = validReasons.get(reason);
98:         } else {

at org.apache.sling.scripting.jsp.jasper.compiler.DefaultErrorHandler.javacError(DefaultErrorHandler.java:92)
    at org.apache.sling.scripting.jsp.jasper.compiler.ErrorDispatcher.javacError(ErrorDispatcher.java:330)
    at org.apache.sling.scripting.jsp.jasper.compiler.JDTCompiler.generateClass(JDTCompiler.java:421)
    at org.apache.sling.scripting.jsp.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:312)
    at org.apache.sling.scripting.jsp.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:290)
    at org.apache.sling.scripting.jsp.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:277)
    at org.apache.sling.scripting.jsp.jasper.JspCompilationContext.compile(JspCompilationContext.java:501)
    at org.apache.sling.scripting.jsp.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.prepareServlet(JspServletWrapper.java:427)
    at org.apache.sling.scripting.jsp.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:486)
    at org.apache.sling.scripting.jsp.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:449)

I checked that in system console, 392 bundles in total - all 392 bundles active. It seems there is no problem with OSGI bundle. Could you please tell me what could be the issue?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi,

so what have you done? It's not uncommon, that you have 2 different JDKs installed on your system, and that the doubleclick on the Quickstart JAR uses a different one than the using the terminal. What kind of OS do you use?

Kind regards,
Jörg

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Level 8

That usually indicates that you are trying to run the install on JDK8. JDK8 isn't support until SP1 is installed. This means you have to run the initial install on JDK 7, then install SP1, and then you can run on JDK 8. 

Level 3

No, It is not about JDK version. I have executed this java -XX:MaxPermSize=128m -Xmx384M -jar cq5-author-p4502.jar line in terminal, It is working now.

I dont understand why did not it work when I double that jar file? What could be the root cause finally? tell us if you have faced similar kind of issue.

Thanks

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi,

so what have you done? It's not uncommon, that you have 2 different JDKs installed on your system, and that the doubleclick on the Quickstart JAR uses a different one than the using the terminal. What kind of OS do you use?

Kind regards,
Jörg