Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Problem granting users the permissions to view the dynamic media renditions.

Level 4

I have a client that wants to allow a set of users permission to view the dynamic media menu for published images. When logged in under and administrator account, the user can see a menu of different renditions for images that have been published.  As a different logged in user, they can only see the original image and no dynamic media at all.

We tried enabling read, modify, and create access to the /etc/dam/drm/DynamicMediaConfig path. When I enabled this, the page wouldn't render images and the error log is filled with exceptions that image processor could not be loaded.

*ERROR* [0:0:0:0:0:0:0:1 [1442603067094] GET /home/users/geometrixx-outdoors/aaron.mcdonald@mailinator.com/profile/photos/primary/image.prof.thumbnail.24.24.png HTTP/1.1] org.apache.sling.engine.impl.SlingRequestProcessorImpl service: Uncaught Throwable

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class com.sun.imageio.plugins.jpeg.JPEGImageReader

What do I need to do in order to enable the dynamic media menu and allow the user to view dynamic media renditions?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 4
  1. for all groups that need access, do the following:
  2. set read, modify, create, delete and replicate permissions for
    1. /content/dam/projects
    2. /content/projects
  3. set read permissions for 
    1. /etc/dam/dynamicmediaconfig 
    2. /etc/dam/metadataeditor
    3. /etc/dam/tools
    4. /etc/dam/video 
    5. /etc/dam/viewers 
    6. /etc/cloudservices/dynamicmediaservices
    7. /etc/replication/agents.author
    8. /etc/replication/agents.publish
    9. (not sure these are all necessary since they are not all Dynamic Media-specific but to be safe for now we'll set them)
  4. set read and modify for /etc/dam/imageserver (might only need read depending on the requirements here)
  5. set read, modify and create for /etc/dam/presets

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Level 10

did you try giving access to /etc/dam completely and see if it works. DynamicMediaConfig may also need some dependent permissions like workflows etc

Can you also post the complete error log ?

Level 4

The log fills with stack traces and just the bit that has to do with loading the page is almost 80000 bytes.

Level 4

We marked all of the permissions for that folder and then none of the images, and I do mean none, were displayed due to the exception in the original post. If I left the permissions off, the user could see the image and the local renditions but not the Dynamic versions. 

Level 10

See if you can upload the file or atleast give little more logs which gives us the better idea !! the one line which you have mentioned doesnt give much of a clue !

Level 4

Looks like we found it. It is a complicated group of permissions that have to be set up as well as a config file.

When I get more info, I'll try to post it so it can become a golden nugget.

Correct answer by
Level 4
  1. for all groups that need access, do the following:
  2. set read, modify, create, delete and replicate permissions for
    1. /content/dam/projects
    2. /content/projects
  3. set read permissions for 
    1. /etc/dam/dynamicmediaconfig 
    2. /etc/dam/metadataeditor
    3. /etc/dam/tools
    4. /etc/dam/video 
    5. /etc/dam/viewers 
    6. /etc/cloudservices/dynamicmediaservices
    7. /etc/replication/agents.author
    8. /etc/replication/agents.publish
    9. (not sure these are all necessary since they are not all Dynamic Media-specific but to be safe for now we'll set them)
  4. set read and modify for /etc/dam/imageserver (might only need read depending on the requirements here)
  5. set read, modify and create for /etc/dam/presets

Level 10

Thats great !! Please do share your findings as it helps others in the community !

Thanks,

Lokesh