Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.

Prevent creation of wcm/msm/components/ghost nodes.

Level 2

Since we migrated from CQ 5.5 to AEM 6.1, we are facing a problem with deleted subnodes from a site, which was created from a Blueprint. When I delete a link item from a link component on the site, the link node is not deleted in the repository. Instead of deleting the node, the sling:resourceType is changed to 'wcm/msm/components/ghost'. This node crashes the the link component. When I create the same scenario on CQ 5.5, the link node is deleted properly from the repository and the component works fine. Is there a way to prevent the creation of ghost nodes?  AEM version: AEM 6.1 SP1 OAK version: OAK 1.2.11

7 Replies

Employee

Hi,

how did you perform the upgrade from 5.5 to 6.1?

Regards,

Opkar

Level 2

I'm facing the same issue what RetoZigerlig had specified here.

I migrated my website from AEM 5.6 to AEM 6.3

Upgrading to AEM 6.3

Please guide in resolving the same.

Level 10

This looks like an upgrade bug - not a configuration option or setting that will resolve this. I recommend contacting support as you may need a hotfix. AEM should not be creating 'wcm/msm/components/ghost'.

Level 2

Sure, I'll check with the Adobe support. Thanks for the quick turnaround!

Level 4

Hi Scott,

Why not?

This component designed to Revert inheritance for deleted components in a LiveCopy.

This component contains description.

And this components is visible only on author.

So, I would say this is AEM feature.

Thanks,

Alex

Level 3

Ghost node/item is showing on live as an empty item for Carousel.  

AEM 6.5.19.