Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Permission on Experience Fragment

Level 4

Hi,

I provided allow permission to create to /content/experience-fragment and save it. On expanding the path i noticed the permission automatically came down to /content/experience-fragment/<folderName>. But the experience fragments below that still remained denied. According to my understanding the permissions should have come down to the lowest level from the parent. But, that is not true in this case. The permission is getting applied to the child folders under /content/experience-fragment (even if there are n number of folders), but its not getting applied to the experience fragments under the folders (should happen automatically just like it happening for folders, but i had to do it manually). 

Screenshot (609)_LI.jpg

Added another XF called xyz and yet the permission didnt get propageted to it.

Screenshot (635)_LI.jpgScreenshot (636)_LI.jpg

What is the justification to this behaviour?

11 Replies

Level 4
everytime we have a new XF, we have to go and provide the permission there. which makes things very difficult

Community Advisor

@Shaheena_Sk 

I think this is the expected behavior, because if you refer my structure when I gave permission to the root folder it went until the follder where I have the experince fragment page which is using exp fragment template. So which by defaults provides permission to it's child as well.

You no need to check the checkbox for the permission to these pages with exp frag template.

If you verify the access it should work with that user.

Nikhil-Kumar_0-1598417955693.png

Thanks,
Nikhil

Level 4
yes, u got me right! the permission are coming till folder, but not till the experience fragment. i have to provide the permission to the experience separately later. so, next time if i create another experience fragment then again i have to provide the permission to those. is there any reason behind such a behaviour?

Community Advisor

Did you check the XF templates initial node? do you have any rep:policy there?

Can you check master node from crx/de and check what is added if you create new xf.

Arun Patidar

Level 4
I am using the We.Retail templates to create my XF. And, the rep:policy exists under /content/experience-fragment with the same permissions that we can see under useradmin. rep:policy nodes doesn exist under any sub folder under the path /content/experience-fragment. And if i create a new XF, then the permission from parent is not getting propagated to the the XF.

Level 4
edited my question and attached 2 more screenshot based on ur comment

Community Advisor
Thanks for the screenshot. What user are you using? is user part of experience-fragment-editor? because this group looks fine

Arun Patidar

Level 4
i created a group called cutom-author, this is a member of OOTB content-author. And my test user is a part of the custom group that i created.

Level 4
The strange part is, if i give permission to /content/experience-fragment, it propagates to all the child folders and even the XF only when i have provided delete permission. But if i remove the delete permission, the modify permission from XF goes away and it is only present till the folder level under /content/experience-fragment/folders

Community Advisor

yes you need to set both delete and modify actions.

Arun Patidar