Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Permission change for everyone group after restart

Level 4

The default permissions for everyone on /etc node is denied as shown in the below screenshot, but as per project needs we have removed this ACL, but after every restart this ACL is being added automatically to /etc node and it is creating distorted content in publish instances, is this expected?

ramgopalm545617_0-1578920342036.png

I have seen that Adobe has fixed this issue as per the release notes, we are in AEM 6.4.5 but still see that the permissions are being reverted after restart, can anyone help us with this issue.

https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/Adobe-Experience-Manager/AEM-6-4-Anonymous-user-eve...

ramgopalm545617_1-1578920605769.png

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

This is working as expected. This is done to make sure "everyone" group user permissions are not changed as many AEM services might behave differently if permissions of this group are changed.

For project-specific requirements, please create a system user and use that for all your custom needs. Editing everyone user permission is not recommended.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

This is working as expected. This is done to make sure "everyone" group user permissions are not changed as many AEM services might behave differently if permissions of this group are changed.

For project-specific requirements, please create a system user and use that for all your custom needs. Editing everyone user permission is not recommended.

Level 4
if we are not removing this permission, the pages are getting distroted.

Employee Advisor
As I mentioned before, Instead of using anonymous session, you need to use project specific system user and provide permissions to that user as per your requirement.

Level 3

hi ,

I am facing a very similar problem. We have given read access to the /etc folder to "everyone" group in our project, due to the "CSRF Token" error occurring on the form submission. 

The granite. jquery library added to our custom form component was not loading, for all users and this access change helped us to resolve the issue, however, after every restart of the server, the "everyone" group permissions seem to get set to default. 

Is there a way this can be overridden completely?

Please help us find a solution.

Thanks,

Samiksha