Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

PDF Form

Level 2

Hello All,

I am very new (infant) to AEM space, so please excuse if question sounds very basic to you. But please help me understand the dos and don't.

Here is the situation. At our organization, we had been using paper based forms. The users could go online, download the form, print it, fill it (by hand), sign it, scan it and send to appropriate personeel for approval signature. In the end, the form will end up in HR or payables with all required signatures. 

We purchased Adobe's AEM solution to cut down the manual processes. With the purchase, I have installed Adobe's experience manager (6.2) on weblogic server, Forms designer tool and Acrobat Pro on my desktop. With Acrobat Pro, we converted flat PDF forms to fillable PDF forms. As a user I can open the fillable PDF form on my desktop and put my digital signature, but cannot send it to next person for his/her signature. I could also, deploy filable PDFs on AEM's forms portal. From the forms portal I can open the fillable PDF in a new tab in my web browser, but that's it. How can I invoke a workflow or process to move the filled form in the approval chain? Do we need additional software like livecycle server or forms workspace? I am stuck at this roadblock from quite some days but didn't find much help in Adobe's documentation or any other resources. Can anyone please suggest if this is doable and how?

Thanks in advance!

Naresh

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

Thank you for the links! I will post it in AEM Forms forum too.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 2

Thank you for the links! I will post it in AEM Forms forum too.

Level 10

LIveCycle is the product to perform this task. You would use a LiveCycle Process with a fillable PDF.

Level 2

Thank you for reply. I am new to AEM, they (sales) said Live cycle is now part of AEM 6.2 and we won't need Livecycle server. The documentations are humongous and keep loosing the track; I would really appreciate if you please list the tasks that we need to do to get this thing working (at high level), starting with Create Fillable PDF.