Highlighted

Path field throwing error in AEM 6.4 Touch UI

anuradhar469107

24-04-2018

I am using granite/ui/components/coral/foundation/form/pathfield and when I click on the icon, it doesn't open the window but throws an error in the console.

/mnt/overlay/granite/ui/content/coral/foundation/form/pathfield/picker.html…t%2fdam%2fca&filter=hierarchyNotFile&selectionCount=single&_=1524569289626 Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)

I see that the image is present in the dam but still the path field fails to load it.

1472592_pastedImage_3.png

If I delete the selected image from the field and then click on path field icon, then it opens up.

Is there some other settings or properties I need to add for the pathfield?

Can you provide a solution for same?

Thanks,

Anuradha

Replies

Highlighted

smacdonald2008

24-04-2018

I tested the Pathfield on AEM 6.4 and works fine, Here it is...

April24.png

To test this - install the package in the third section of the article above. The section is titled -- Add additional resource types to your component

This will give you this structure under /apps.

Apr241.png

Add a new node under items named video with the following Props:

Apr242.png

Open the Page here --

http://localhost:4502/editor.html/content/Lab2018/en.html

Update the /apps/Lab2018/components/content/firstcomponent/firstcomponent.html. Include these lines of code at end -- before closing </div>

<p>

<b>path finder:</b> ${properties.video}

</p>

Now open the dialog and you will see the pathfinder:

Apr243.png

This value now prints out on the page --

Apr244.png

Try this all on a fresh AEM 6.4 DEV instance and i am sure you will get the same results.

Highlighted

anuradhar469107

24-04-2018

Thanks for your reply. You have Pathbrowser and that works fine.I have used Pathfield which is giving me a problem - granite/ui/components/coral/foundation/form/pathfield.

Could you please check for sling:resourceType as pathfield (above path)

Thanks,

Anuradha

Highlighted

smacdonald2008

24-04-2018

I am still seeing it work well when i change the resource type to this:

granite/ui/components/coral/foundation/form/pathfield

The result...

Apr246.png

Highlighted

smacdonald2008

24-04-2018

Try the steps that i listed above on a fresh install. use that package and add a new node with the resource type -- granite/ui/components/coral/foundation/form/pathfield.

I am not seeing any errors.

Highlighted

anuradhar469107

24-04-2018

This is some issue which is coming up in our QA server of Aem 6.4. It works fine in localhost.

I compared the pathfield's code thinking there might be some difference in localhost granite/ui/components/coral/foundation/form/pathfield  and QA's pathfield but there is no difference. I am not sure what's causing the problem.

Highlighted

smacdonald2008

24-04-2018

There is an issue in your QA instance. OOTB - as this package in the article shows - when you add the new node - path field works.

Are you seeing any errors in the log?