Expand my Community achievements bar.

Pages Created via LiveCopy No Longer Seem Related to Reference Copies

Level 2

I have an AEM author saying LiveCopy pages have broken their inheritence with there reference copies such that these LiveCopy pages no longer appear as LiveCopy pages. The icon that would indicate a page is a LiveCopy is no longer there (its the usual one) and when you open the page properties for these pages the LiveCopy tab is grayed out.

I was wondering if this sort of thing can happen w/o the author explicitly realizing they're breaking LiveCopy inheritence either by actions they take on the live copied pages themselves or, more likely in this case since all the pages that were once live copies are no longer, by actions they or some other author takes with the reference copy pages.

This particular situation is complext but I'll try to explain it.  In the case of this guy the pages that he used as his reference copy were themselves generated via a propagation workflow that authors typically run prior to requesting translations. In other words, they start off with an English language version of a site. They run a propagation workflow which does a straight node-for-node copy of the English site to which ever target languages the author indicates he/she wants to generate so that when it's all done they've got the English language site copied under all the lanaguage nodes they want to support. They then go and request langauge translations for each lanague sub-site individually via, in our case, a third party translation suite. When the translations come back they're then applied to the various language sub-sites and you end up with the same site translated into many different language sub-sites.

OK now our guy that's complaining of losing his LiveCopies chose one of these language sub-sites as his reference copy for his LiveCopy pages. He's trying to create regional sub-sites of the German language sub-site. One for Germany itself, one for Austria and one for Switzerland. It's his regional sites that are losing their live copy-ness.

I'm wondering if when changes are made to that original English page such that those authors have to run through another round of gathering translations for the language sub-sites if something that goes on in that process, some manipulation of the the language sub-sites causes our guy with the regional sites based off the German language sub-site to lose his refernces from his region sites back to the German langauge sub-site.

What could cause that? Is there anything one with more experience working with LiveCopies can think of?  Certainly if the orginal German language sub-site nodes are deleted and recreated during the process to propagate major changes from it's English reference copy to German subsite and re-aquire new translations that would do it.  But can we think of anything short of those German sub-site nodes being deleted causing this?

0 Replies