Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Multiple dispatchers - one web server dispatching to author and publisher

Level 1

Environment: CQ 5.5 SP2

Is it possible to have one web server running the dispatcher plug-in to dispatch to both Author and Publisher servers dependent on URL?

Something like

localhost:port/author gets dispatched to author servers

localhost:port/publisher gets dispatched to publisher servers

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 7

I'm not completely sure about that setup but I think it would be possible to set up 2 different farms in your dispatcher config.

Farm 1) & Farm2)
Define the renderers aka the author instances
Define the virtual hosts for the accepted adresses

/farms { /farm1 { /virtualhosts { "authors.mycompany.com" } /renders { /hostname "authorinstance.mycompany.com" /port "authorport" } } /farm2 { /virtualhosts { "authors.mycompany.com" } /renders { /hostname "publishinstance.mycompany.com" /port "publisherport" } } }

Of course the virtual host setup is a bit more advanced than that, and some further config must happen at the apache config but this is just an example of how one probably could do it.
Regarding the dispatcher config, http://dev.day.com/docs/en/cq/current/deploying/dispatcher/disp_config.html has a lot of nice info...

Regards
Johan

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Level 7

I'm not completely sure about that setup but I think it would be possible to set up 2 different farms in your dispatcher config.

Farm 1) & Farm2)
Define the renderers aka the author instances
Define the virtual hosts for the accepted adresses

/farms { /farm1 { /virtualhosts { "authors.mycompany.com" } /renders { /hostname "authorinstance.mycompany.com" /port "authorport" } } /farm2 { /virtualhosts { "authors.mycompany.com" } /renders { /hostname "publishinstance.mycompany.com" /port "publisherport" } } }

Of course the virtual host setup is a bit more advanced than that, and some further config must happen at the apache config but this is just an example of how one probably could do it.
Regarding the dispatcher config, http://dev.day.com/docs/en/cq/current/deploying/dispatcher/disp_config.html has a lot of nice info...

Regards
Johan