Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

OSGi console is blank in Production Author

Community Advisor

Hi All,

We have seeing the blank page while accessing the OSGi console in Production author instance. We have tried to restart the server but still the issue persists.
Please note - we are not seeing the issue in lower environments and Production Publisher. All the bundles are in Active and we don't see anything in the error log as well. 

Prod OSGi issue.PNG

Anyone faced this issue ?

12 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi @Raja-kp 

Are you able to access the other consoles (Say from Main/Sling). In particular, Web Console -> System Information.

If yes and if its allowed (perhaps off business hours), try to do Framework Restart from that console (Understand you already tried restarting the server itself, just a try from framework standpoint explicitly)

Community Advisor

@Vijayalakshmi_S Thanks for your response.

One thing I noticed today - I'm able to see the OSGi configuration if I access via IP address but NOT with Author DNS.

Yes - I'm able to view/access other consoles in OSGi. Can you please let me know the impact if any ? when we run the framework restart ?  As mentioned - we are seeing this issue only in Production Author instance.

Community Advisor

@Raja-kp,

So the issue is when accessing via author dispatcher and not via IP/application server instance. 

Could you please let know if you have installed any Service pack/hot fix/application code packages recently. If yes, can you delete the cache files or

Could you recollect any activity that was done before this incident (on prod author dispatcher)

Community Advisor
  • Yeah - we have upgraded to SP10 (last month) but we started seeing this issue from last week.
  • No cache files in author.
  • From Developer tool - we are getting 403 Error code for this page path: server:port/system/console/res/ui/config.js.

Community Advisor

Thanks for the inputs @Raja-kp

This JS is called when OSGi configuration console is accessed. Can you check the response code of this call - /system/console/res/ui/bundles.js (for Bundles console)

Similarly, access frequently used consoles in author dispatcher and narrow down the requests that fails with 403. 

Enable Dispatcher Debug log and trace the request from there and see if it makes to the application server. 

Also, see if you can observe the behavior with admin login. 

Community Advisor

@Vijayalakshmi_S We are getting 403 error response code for that js file and the error is occurring for Admin user as well. 

We will check the Dispatcher log for the OSGi request and let you know.

Community Advisor

Hi @Vijayalakshmi_S Enabled the log level to TRACE but we didn't find any errors in the dispatcher logs and the response code is 200 for the /system/console/configMgr.

What would be the impact if we perform the framework restart ?

Community Advisor

@Raja-kp 

Framework restart will make all the bundles to go Resolved state and then to starting -> Active which will take some time. 

But I don't think this is needed for your issue for the reason that Felix console is up and running in Application server and the issue is only when accessed via dispatcher. 

Can you confirm if you are accessing as Admin login in both Application server and in author/dispatcher ? (you can try in Incognito -> login and confirm)

When you checked the dispatcher log, did you verify the application server access log as well in the same time (if the request is through to it)

Community Advisor

@Vijayalakshmi_S Thanks for your help on this. I have figured out that the path : system/console/res/ui/config.js is blocked from AWS WAF rule. Due to this, we are unable to view the OSGi configuration.

Rajakp_0-1641559779155.png

We are started seeing this issue from last week and not sure how this was working earlier.

Able to view the OSGi configuration after updating WAF rule in AWS. Checking the WAF rules what went wrong.

Regards,

Raja 

Community Advisor

File path :/system/console/res/ui/config.js is unblocked from WAF rules and the OSGi configuration is accessible now.

Regards,

Raja

Community Advisor

Just to add - this is an issue with AWS - WAF rule (AWSManagedRulesLinuxRuleSet) which blocking "config.js" file and AWS technical team is working on fixing the issue.

Regards,

Raja