Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

OOB Comments Component Issue in AEM 6.1

Level 2

I'm using the Comments Component present in the "libs/social/common/component/hbs/comments" in AEM 6.1. I copied it into my app/component folder and modified it.

When I'm logged in, it allow me to post comment in author & Publish both. When I try to access the page(containing component) without logged in, only previously added comments are shown and no input box is present to post the comments.

I want to achieve the thing, where user can post the comment as Anonymous user and there post is moderated and then publish on the website.

How can I post comment without logged in, as our website don't don't have log in feature?

Can we create a Guest user for all those user who wants to post the comment to that page. That guest user is by default logged in, when user open that page to post the comments. I'm not sure whether we can achieve this or not.

Or is there any other way in which I can do this?

Note - We are going to do Facebook and Google Integration in our second development phase.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 9

Using a “guest user” session that is always logged in and accepting “extra” parameters like “name” and “email” is the preferred way to do this.  In that way, you would be able to moderate the posts.

I don't know of an example specific to 6.1, though.

- JK

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 9

Using a “guest user” session that is always logged in and accepting “extra” parameters like “name” and “email” is the preferred way to do this.  In that way, you would be able to moderate the posts.

I don't know of an example specific to 6.1, though.

- JK

Administrator

Hi

+1 to Janice Kendall

Thanks and Regards

Kautuk Sahni

Kautuk Sahni