Your achievements

Level 1

0% to

Level 2

Tip /
Sign in

Sign in to Community

to gain points, level up, and earn exciting badges like the new
Bedrock Mission!

Learn more

View all

Sign in to view all badges

SOLVED

On 6.5 localhost, touch UI, as user "admin", the edit mode doesn't work for one site.

fionas76543059
Level 4
Level 4

hi folks,

On the site navigator, I can click on the page and open it using "Edit" but once the page is displayed, I can't edit anything.

I can't click on any component to edit them.

The "Edit" option on the top right hand core is greyed out. If I click on it, it goes Blue for a few seconds, then reverts to greyed out.

The Preview button also doesn't work and the "Design" and "Develop" options are missing entirely.

If I look at localhost:5402/useradmin, then the Admin user has all the permissions for the /content/<site> clicked.

I can't see anything relevant in the logs.

 

Any ideas?

thx

1 Accepted Solution
hamidk92094312
Correct answer by
Employee
Employee

Check the same scenario in incognito window.

Invalidate Caches then click Rebuild Libraries.

http://[host]:[port]/libs/granite/ui/content/dumplibs.rebuild.html

View solution in original post

0 Replies
fionas76543059
Level 4
Level 4
Thanks all for the very useful suggestions which I will file away for future problems. In this case, I decided that the problem site had too many pages that I downloaded from the production server and that my localhost didn't have enough memory etc to cope. So I scrapped the entire localhost installation and restarted it with more refined packages with smaller numbers of pages. It has been fine so far.
BrianKasingli
Community Advisor
Community Advisor
Have you tried using another browser, other than Chrome?
Ravi_Pampana
Community Advisor
Community Advisor

Hi,

 

Seems you are having custom code deployed. There might be scenarios where you are still referring to login administration in your code which might be throwing exception and failing to load the page correctly. 

 

Go to view source of the page without editor.html and check if you see any exception. 

 

Also, check browser console for any js errors which might be causing because of adding custom code to OOB clientlibs category. 

Is the issue happened suddenly or happening while migration/upgrading the code to new version of AEM ? It will be helpful if you can provide background after when the issue is started happening. 

 

Hope this helps!

fionas76543059
Level 4
Level 4
Thanks all for the very useful suggestions which I will file away for future problems. In this case, I decided that the problem site had too many pages that I downloaded from the production server and that my localhost didn't have enough memory/cpu/diskspace to cope. So I scrapped the entire localhost installation and restarted it with more refined packages with smaller numbers of pages. It has been ok so far.
fionas76543059
Level 4
Level 4
Thanks all for the very useful suggestions which I will file away for future problems. In this case, I decided that the problem site had too many pages that I downloaded from the production server and that my localhost didn't have enough memory etc to cope. So I scrapped the entire localhost installation and restarted it with more refined packages with smaller numbers of pages. It has been ok so far.
hamidk92094312
Correct answer by
Employee
Employee

Check the same scenario in incognito window.

Invalidate Caches then click Rebuild Libraries.

http://[host]:[port]/libs/granite/ui/content/dumplibs.rebuild.html

View solution in original post

fionas76543059
Level 4
Level 4

Thanks all for the very useful suggestions which I will file away for future problems. In this case, I decided that the 

problem site had too many pages that I downloaded from the production server and that my localhost didn't

have enough memory/cpu/diskspace to cope.

So I scrapped the entire localhost installation and restarted it with more refined packages with smaller

numbers of pages. It has been ok so far.