Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Not seeing the option of inheritance of the page properties

Level 6

I have updated my pages through groovy and added property-values to get it in sync with the live copy. When I open a live copy page and open its page properties, I can see the connection with its language master. But I am not seeing the option of inheritance of the page properties. Refer image below:

Screenshot (81).pngScreenshot (82).png

What am I missing out?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 6

A few things that were important:

we need to have cq-msm-lockable in all fields under page properties. This is always present for OOTB fields but should be added for the custom fields.

If you are over-riding the existing tabs of the page properties, then make sure not the add the ootb fields again, that will cause the lockable behaviour to be lost.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Community Advisor

The option to inherit page properties may be hidden or disabled by default.

To enable inheritance for page properties, you will need to navigate to the page properties dialog for the page in question and select the "Advanced" tab.

Within the advanced tab, you should see an option to "Inherit From Parent" which you can enable.

This will allow the page to inherit properties from its parent page.

Note: 

The parent page needs to have the properties set and the child page should not have any local value set for the same properties.

Also,you may want to check the configuration of the live copy and ensure that the "Inherit properties" option is selected.

Additionally, you can check the logs for any error messages that may provide more information on the cause of the issue.

If you find something relevant in the logs and cannot figure it out, you can share the same here for others to have a go at the root cause.

Correct answer by
Level 6

A few things that were important:

we need to have cq-msm-lockable in all fields under page properties. This is always present for OOTB fields but should be added for the custom fields.

If you are over-riding the existing tabs of the page properties, then make sure not the add the ootb fields again, that will cause the lockable behaviour to be lost.