Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

For Experience Fragments, how are locale variations managed in content structure?

Level 6

Say for example, I have an experience fragment for

/content/experience-fragments/my-site/en/subscription-box/master

I have 2 custom languages

/content/my-site/en

/content/my-site/fr-ca

/content/my-site/ja

Am I going to make locale structure (for fr-ca and ja) in the variations, or will I need to copy the entire node structure?

NEW STRUCTURE to handle locales?

/content/experience-fragments/my-site/fr-ca/subscription-box/master

/content/experience-fragments/my-site/ja/subscription-box/master

OR NEW VARIATIONS to handle locales?

example:

/content/experience-fragments/my-site/subscription-box/fr-ca

/content/experience-fragments/my-site/subscription-box/ja

ROLL OUT QUESTION:
=======================================================

When I roll out a page from /content/my-site/en, I want to roll out the path of my experience fragment. Am I expected to see something like this?

Is the out of the box rollout feature going to update the path's to the corresponding folder structure?

/content/my-site/en -> /content/experience-fragments/my-site/en/subscription-box/master

/content/my-site/fr-ca -> /content/experience-fragments/my-site/fr-ca/subscription-box/master

/content/my-site/ja -> /content/experience-fragments/my-site/ja/subscription-box/master

OR

Is the out of the box rollout feature going to update the path's to the corresponding VARIATION?

/content/my-site/en -> /content/experience-fragments/my-site/subscription-box/master

/content/my-site/fr-ca -> /content/experience-fragments/my-site/subscription-box/fr-ca

/content/my-site/ja -> /content/experience-fragments/my-site/subscription-box/ja

ORThis last example, the rollout to pages will retain the master variation, but I am required to write custom CODE, I will point the variations to fr-ca, and ja...

/content/my-site/en -> /content/experience-fragments/my-site/en/subscription-box/master

/content/my-site/fr-ca -> /content/experience-fragments/my-site/en/subscription-box/master

/content/my-site/ja -> /content/experience-fragments/my-site/en/subscription-box/master

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @AEMWizard ,

Your experience fragments can follow the same structure as your site, example

/content/my-site/country/language

and 

/content/experience-fragments/my-site/country/language/subscription-box/master

This article might help - https://www.albinsblog.com/2021/10/extend-aem-experience-fragment-localization.html#.Y8CH6-zP0V8

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @AEMWizard ,

Your experience fragments can follow the same structure as your site, example

/content/my-site/country/language

and 

/content/experience-fragments/my-site/country/language/subscription-box/master

This article might help - https://www.albinsblog.com/2021/10/extend-aem-experience-fragment-localization.html#.Y8CH6-zP0V8