Expand my Community achievements bar.

Not able to open site in touch mode after upgrade to AEM 6.2

Level 4

Hi,

We have upgraded AEM 6.1 to AEM 6.2 and java from 1.7_67 to 1.8_21. After upgrade when we try to open any site in touch mode we are getting below error. Any pointers?

URL: http://localhost:4502/content/geometrixx-outdoors/en/men/coats.html

Error Message:

org.apache.sling.api.scripting.ScriptEvaluationException: org.apache.sling.scripting.jsp.jasper.JasperException: Unable to compile class for JSP:  An error occurred at line: 20 in the generated java file Only a type can be imported. info.geometrixx.commons.util.GeoHelper resolves to a package

An error occurred at line: 25 in the jsp file: /apps/geometrixx-outdoors/components/page/head.jsp GeoHelper cannot be resolved

22:

23:     final Externalizer externalizer = resourceResolver.adaptTo(Externalizer.class);

24:

25:     final String title         = GeoHelper.getTitle(currentPage);

26:     final String canonicalURL  = externalizer.absoluteLink(slingRequest, "http", currentPage.getPath()) + ".html";

27:     final String favicon       = currentDesign.getPath() + "/favicon.ico";

28:     final boolean hasFavIcon   = (resourceResolver.getResource(favicon) != null);

Thanks,

Kishore

5 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi Krishore

Can you check your Felix Console and see if you have any package which has this class ? info.geometrixx.commons.util.GeoHelper . It would either be not present or is not active.

Whenever you see Only a type can be imported. info.geometrixx.commons.util.GeoHelper resolves to a package such kind of error, you should first check the felix console and make sure the bundles are active. Since the bundle we are referring here is geometrixx bundle, I believe either the bundle was removed in the upgraded version or your bundle is not in active state yet.

You should see the below bundle and it should be in active state as shown below

1322391_pastedImage_1.png

1322390_pastedImage_0.png

Thanks

Veena

Level 4

Thanks Veena,

In 6.2, geometrixx bundles are in active state but I didn't find this class info.geometrixx.commons.util.GeoHelper in bundle.

I am facing this issue with custom sites too, I am not able to open any site in editor.html and showing below error in logs.

11.10.2017 09:49:12.208 *ERROR* [10.206.132.175 [1507733352053] GET /editor.html/content/kishore/en/home.html HTTP/1.1] org.apache.sling.engine.impl.SlingRequestProcessorImpl service: Uncaught SlingException

org.apache.sling.scripting.jsp.jasper.JasperException: Unable to compile class for JSP:

An error occurred at line: 8 in the generated java file

Only a type can be imported. com.day.cq.wcm.designimporter.util.ImporterUtil resolves to a package

Level 10

This needs to be investigated by Adobe Support. Please open a ticket. All strange issues seem to be with upgraded versions - not fresh installs.

Level 4

Yes Scott,

I don't see this issue in fresh installation.