Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Not able to inject ResouceResolverFactory

Level 4

Hi,

Not able to inject resouceresolverfactory in following code.

I created an interface

public interface WriteService{

public void getSession();

{

And a class which implemented an interface

@Component(immediate=true) @Service(value = WriteSerive.class) public class WriteServiceImp  implements WriteService { @Reference private ResourceResolverFactory resourceFactory; @Override public void getSession(){ try{ Map<String,Object> paramMap = new HashMap<String,Object>(); paramMap.put(ResourceResolverFactory.SUBSERVICE, "connectSession"); ResourceResolver rr = null; rr = resourceFactory.getServiceResourceResolver(paramMap); Sessionsession = rr.adaptTo(Session.class); } catch(Exception e){ } }

Any Suggestion?

Thanks in advance

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Watch the video here - we do a step by step of everything you need:

Scott's Digital Community: Querying Adobe Experience Manager 6 data using the Sling getServiceResour...

You need to reference the system user and make sure you specify the symbolic bundle name as mentioned in the video

View solution in original post

18 Replies

Employee

Do you see anything related in the error.log?

Employee

Also do realize that this code creates hanging sessions that you want to avoid

Level 3
Hi Feike, I am using the same way to get resource resolver in my code. If this way of getting resource resolver is not advised, would you please suggest any other way to get resource resolver with admin rights.

Employee

The way you get the resourceResolver is fine, however you must close it. The golden rule is "you create, you close".

Normally you can do this in a finally{} clause, or if you use 6.2 or above you can benefit from the AutoCloseable implementation.

Example here: https://github.com/heervisscher/htl-examples/blob/master/core/src/main/java/com/adobe/examples/htl/c...

Level 4

In error.log :-

28.05.2017 08:49:37.850 *WARN* [qtp1248549286-25322] com.adobe.connect.osgi.cq.auth.ConnectUserManager Error creating/updating user
java.lang.NullPointerException: null
    at com.adobe.connect.osgi.cq.auth.ConnectUserManager.createOrUpdateUser(ConnectUserManager.java:695)
    at com.adobe.connect.osgi.cq.auth.ConnectAuthenticationHandler.extractCredentials(ConnectAuthenticationHandler.java:175)
    at org.apache.sling.auth.core.impl.AuthenticationHandlerHolder.doExtractCredentials(AuthenticationHandlerHolder.java:75)
    at org.apache.sling.auth.core.impl.AbstractAuthenticationHandlerHolder.extractCredentials(AbstractAuthenticationHandlerHolder.java:60)
    at org.apache.sling.auth.core.impl.SlingAuthenticator.getAuthenticationInfo(SlingAuthenticator.java:718)
    at org.apache.sling.auth.core.impl.SlingAuthenticator.doHandleSecurity(SlingAuthenticator.java:466)
    at org.apache.sling.auth.core.impl.SlingAuthenticator.handleSecurity(SlingAuthenticator.java:451)
    at org.apache.sling.engine.impl.SlingHttpContext.handleSecurity(SlingHttpContext.java:121)
    at org.apache.felix.http.base.internal.service.ServletContextImpl.handleSecurity(ServletContextImpl.java:421)
    at org.apache.felix.http.base.internal.dispatch.InvocationChain.doFilter(InvocationChain.java:57)
    at org.apache.felix.http.base.internal.dispatch.Dispatcher.dispatch(Dispatcher.java:124)
    at org.apache.felix.http.base.internal.DispatcherServlet.service(DispatcherServlet.java:61)
    at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:725)
    at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:812)
    at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.doHandle(ServletHandler.java:587)
    at org.eclipse.jetty.server.session.SessionHandler.doHandle(SessionHandler.java:221)
    at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.doHandle(ContextHandler.java:1127)
    at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.doScope(ServletHandler.java:515)
    at org.eclipse.jetty.server.session.SessionHandler.doScope(SessionHandler.java:185)
    at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.doScope(ContextHandler.java:1061)
    at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.handle(ScopedHandler.java:141)
    at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandlerCollection.handle(ContextHandlerCollection.java:215)
    at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:97)
    at org.eclipse.jetty.server.Server.handle(Server.java:499)
    at org.eclipse.jetty.server.HttpChannel.handle(HttpChannel.java:311)
    at org.eclipse.jetty.server.HttpConnection.onFillable(HttpConnection.java:257)
    at org.eclipse.jetty.io.AbstractConnection$2.run(AbstractConnection.java:544)
    at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool.runJob(QueuedThreadPool.java:635)
    at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool$3.run(QueuedThreadPool.java:555)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

Level 3
        Thank you for clarification.

Level 7
        It seems that you are trying to use a system user to retrive you resource resolver.. have you configured the user mapping configuration in system console? And also.. this is a service where you reference it? Inside a model?

Level 4

Yes, I have configured the user mapping configuration in system console. 

In osgi bundles, wherever the .loginAdministrstive(null) is called , i have replaced by below written codes:-

1. @Component(immediate=true) @Service(value = WriteSerive.class) public class WriteServiceImp implements WriteService { @Reference private ResourceResolverFactory resourceFactory; @Override public void getSession(){ try{ Map<String,Object> paramMap = new HashMap<String,Object>(); paramMap.put(ResourceResolverFactory.SUBSERVICE, "connectSession"); ResourceResolver rr = null; rr = resourceFactory.getServiceResourceResolver(paramMap); Sessionsession = rr.adaptTo(Session.class); } catch(Exception e){ } }

Employee

But what is the issue you are having? That is not clear to me now.

Level 4

Actually,

At this line, 

1. rr = resourceFactory.getServiceResourceResolver(paramMap);

It throws java.lang.NullPointerException.

I think resourceFactory variable is not injected in osgi bundles..

Level 7
        Have you tried to debug? Are you sure that resourceResolverFactory is null? I suggest you to debug or insert a log in order to be sure that this is not related to wrong configuration of user mapper or user amendement service..

Level 4

Yes,I tried to debug and resourceResolverFactory is null throw java.lang.NullPointerException: null

Employee

What do you see here? 

/system/console/components

There should be a reason why the dependency can't be injected

Level 10

Post a Screen shot of your OSGI SLING MAPPING - i suspect issue is there. 

Level 4

1221127_pastedImage_0.png

com.adobe.connect.osgi.service.connect-osgi-service:connectSession=connect

where connect is serviceuser.

Correct answer by
Level 10

Watch the video here - we do a step by step of everything you need:

Scott's Digital Community: Querying Adobe Experience Manager 6 data using the Sling getServiceResour...

You need to reference the system user and make sure you specify the symbolic bundle name as mentioned in the video

Level 4

In /system/console/componenets

What i observed that:-

ccom.adobe.ClassName  and its status is Satisfied