Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session
SOLVED

Not able to compile aem-guides-wknd repository

Level 2

Hello All,

I am new to AEM. I have set up AEM author and publish instances and able to deploy aem-guides-wknd repository using maven successful. The issue I have is with eclipse. I have installed aem plugin. When I open the aem-guides-wknd project, i get the following error and also do not see jcr-nodes properties in eclipse.

Capture.JPG

I am on the following environment. I think I need to convert the app.ui and app.content project to content type projects in eclipse, but i am not sure how. When i go to configure on particular projects, I do not get the options to make those projects as content projects.

Maven 3.6.3

Eclipse 2020.06

Java 11.08

AEM 6.5

AEM Tools ...p2update-1.3.0.

Greatly appreciate any help.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

After further investigation, I found that I need to set the correct jcr_root node in Project-> Properties. By default it is incorrect. 

veemat1_1-1599073835494.png

Setting these setting in both project UI.Apps and UI.Content resolved my issues.

Thank you for all your consideration and help

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Community Advisor

I will check this and tell you. Not sure with latest eclipse. I mostly use IntelliJ for development.

Level 2

Thank you Veena.. will wait. Let me know if any more details needed

Community Advisor

Hey @veemat1 I see that your eclipse is in 'Java' perspective. Please change your perspective from 'java' to 'AEM'. I hope you'd have already installed AEM developer tools. Once you change the perspective, you'll be able to see the 'properties' tab. Thanks, Bilal.

Level 2
Thanks for your help. I have tried that, still no properties

Correct answer by
Level 2

After further investigation, I found that I need to set the correct jcr_root node in Project-> Properties. By default it is incorrect. 

veemat1_1-1599073835494.png

Setting these setting in both project UI.Apps and UI.Content resolved my issues.

Thank you for all your consideration and help