Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Multi resource support assets aem assets - on prem and cloud instances

Level 4

Hi Team,

I have a following use case to solve for-

I have to give ability to users to  select multiple content fragments and trigger a review workflow.

One workflow instance be created and running for this.

Eg I selected CF1,CF2 and triggered w/f1. I should see 1 w/f instance running for both CF! and CF2 and not 2 seperate instances.

Any pointers appreciated.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

You can select the multiple CFs and select Timeline->Start Workflow and select the Workflow. 

You will still see separate Work Item for each CF in the inbox to review and multiple WF Instances.

Are you looking to approve/reject for all the CFs selected in the workflow together by the reviewer? 

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

You can select the multiple CFs and select Timeline->Start Workflow and select the Workflow. 

You will still see separate Work Item for each CF in the inbox to review and multiple WF Instances.

Are you looking to approve/reject for all the CFs selected in the workflow together by the reviewer? 

Level 5

@manisha594391  -Multi Resource Support only for AEM Page as per below reference 

https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/adobe-experience-manager/multi-resource-support-not...

We can customize workflow process to enable Directory Level(Say for eg- Category-1) triggering WF at this level will have single WF instance not multiple ones

Customize workflow Process-

We can get directory level/path from payload so can iterate children's(CF1,Cf2...etc) and process the data. 

CF Structure -  

Category-1

-CF1

-CF2 .....

Category-2

-CF1

-CF2.......

Level 5

@manisha594391  - @Saravanan_Dharmaraj  is right if you just need single instance instead of multiple once...but if you need to reviewer approve/reject in one shot (notification) with single WF instance definitely customize wf process step is needed...