Expand my Community achievements bar.

Don’t miss the AEM Skill Exchange in SF on Nov 14—hear from industry leaders, learn best practices, and enhance your AEM strategy with practical tips.

multi field component adding fields twice when dialog opened

Level 7

Hi All,

I have used sling:resourceType="granite/ui/components/foundation/form/multifield" to create multifield dialog ( text filed, path browser field).

Issue is: I authored textfield, browser field in the multifield.

When ever I open the dialog, fields are getting added twice ( two text fields, two path browser fields with same data)

If I save it, obviously it creates more nodes in content path.

I do see .infinity.json calls in browser network tab (5 calls.) and no errors in browser console.

Can any one help me?

environment: AEM 6.3.2 , AEM 6.3.3

Thanks,

Sri

4 Replies

Level 10

Hi Sri,

This document Creating a Granite/Coral 6.3 Multifield HTL component for Adobe Experience Manager has an example to create multifield dialog. Refer/compare to see if you have missed anything in your implementation.

If the issue still persist, you may have to provide more details on your implementation.

1st issue - move to a granite/ui/components/coral/foundation/form/multifield resource type.

See this article too. A Multifield works as expected when you implement it as shown here:

Building Experience Manager Components using Granite/Coral Resource Types

See:

Community Advisor

Can you post your dialog.xml here ? By any chance have you added any id to the fields ?

Level 7

we had two applications, one of them as sub package to another application. Both had touch-ui-multifield client library with same js files, that caused the issue.

Now, the issue is even though I deleted touch-ui-multifield from code base and filter.xml has entry for "etc/designs/my-site" ,

mvn autoInstallPackage generated zip file does not have deleted client lib folder.

I still see the touch-ui-multifield in crx/de etc/designs/my-site , not getting deleted.

Any ideas on this. It is weird that , if i create a new client lib , deploy it and delete it ... changes reflecting onto crx/de properly but for this specific "touch-ui-multifield" (cq.authoring.dialog is the category) folder not getting deleted.

I am going to open a adobe ticket for this. If anyone has any idea, please share it.

Thanks.