Expand my Community achievements bar.

multi field component adding fields twice when dialog opened

Level 7

Hi All,

I have used sling:resourceType="granite/ui/components/foundation/form/multifield" to create multifield dialog ( text filed, path browser field).

Issue is: I authored textfield, browser field in the multifield.

When ever I open the dialog, fields are getting added twice ( two text fields, two path browser fields with same data)

If I save it, obviously it creates more nodes in content path.

I do see .infinity.json calls in browser network tab (5 calls.) and no errors in browser console.

Can any one help me?

environment: AEM 6.3.2 , AEM 6.3.3

Thanks,

Sri

4 Replies

Level 10

Hi Sri,

This document Creating a Granite/Coral 6.3 Multifield HTL component for Adobe Experience Manager has an example to create multifield dialog. Refer/compare to see if you have missed anything in your implementation.

If the issue still persist, you may have to provide more details on your implementation.

1st issue - move to a granite/ui/components/coral/foundation/form/multifield resource type.

See this article too. A Multifield works as expected when you implement it as shown here:

Building Experience Manager Components using Granite/Coral Resource Types

See:

Community Advisor

Can you post your dialog.xml here ? By any chance have you added any id to the fields ?

Level 7

we had two applications, one of them as sub package to another application. Both had touch-ui-multifield client library with same js files, that caused the issue.

Now, the issue is even though I deleted touch-ui-multifield from code base and filter.xml has entry for "etc/designs/my-site" ,

mvn autoInstallPackage generated zip file does not have deleted client lib folder.

I still see the touch-ui-multifield in crx/de etc/designs/my-site , not getting deleted.

Any ideas on this. It is weird that , if i create a new client lib , deploy it and delete it ... changes reflecting onto crx/de properly but for this specific "touch-ui-multifield" (cq.authoring.dialog is the category) folder not getting deleted.

I am going to open a adobe ticket for this. If anyone has any idea, please share it.

Thanks.